Votes: 9 19.1%
  • Kaz Hirai

Votes: 13 27.7%

• Total voters

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Best PlayStation CEO or head? For me it was Kaz Hirai. He turned the PlayStation into the face of Sony and made it profitable from the second half of PS3 to PS4 and beyond!​

Last edited:

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Either Kaz or Ken since my best gaming years in that era.

After that Capcom, I wouldn't want Sony to appoint a Japanese exec for PS. Mobile seems like a bad business.

The gacha money..... have blind all the Japanese gaming exec....

• fire
Reactions: Bryank75

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
  1. Ken Kutaragi (PS1/PS2 era, the 2 best periods in video game history)
  2. Kaz Hirai (turnaround of the PlayStation brand after a difficult start with the PS3)
  3. Andrew House (PlayStation back on top with the PS4)
  4. Jim Ryan (is an excellent businessman. The PlayStation brand has never been stronger in terms of sales, but he's made some shitty choices on the side if we're talking video games)
  5. John Kodera (nothing to remember him for except PC ports)

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Hirai and House were the 🐐 but everyone but Jim was solid. Shawn was kinda dumb since PC and live service was his idea, but he still did a great job while he was there, and he actually cared about having proper communication with fans.

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Hirai and House were the 🐐 but everyone but Jim was solid. Shawn was kinda dumb since PC and live service was his idea, but he still did a great job while he was there, and he actually cared about having proper communication with fans.
Shawn is buddy with Philly boi.

He also hates the idea of exclusivity.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
How can anyone vote for Kaz? He was responsible for the worst era of the ps3. His great for Gran Turismo but not playstation as a whole

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
How can anyone vote for Kaz? He was responsible for the worst era of the ps3. His great for Gran Turismo but not playstation as a whole
Yaumachi "Kaz" and Hirai Kazuo is two different person.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
I have to give it to Jack, he presided a pretty rough time and Ps came out healthier than ever!

Kaz is the father of the PSX, so he deserves a lot of respect.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Kokoloko

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022

Best PlayStation CEO? For me it was Kaz Hirai. He turned the PlayStation into the face of Sony and made it profitable from the second half of PS3 to PS4 and beyond!​

Shawn Layden and Jack Tretton never were PS/SIE CEO.

Reactions: Evilms

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
The best will always be Ken Kutaragi. He also knew how to keep 3rd party partners in check, none of this weak kumbaya crap we got going on now.
He almost sinked the brand my guy, Ken basically vaporized the PS2'a profit and marketshares.

Also PS2 Emotion engine, PS3 Cell engine.

Sony philoshiphy has changed from complicated revolutionary obsecure shit to simple and easy design for devs.

The complicated revolutionary obsecure shit must comes directly from their Electronics team in Japan.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
He almost sinked the brand my guy.

Also PS2 Emotion engine, PS3

Sony philoshiphy has changed from complicated revolutionary obsecure shit to simple and easy design for devs.

The complicated revolutionary obsecure shit must comes directly from their Electronics team in Japan.

My brother in Christ, Ken CREATED this brand. The whole PlayStation thing was his idea

The PS2 sold 155 million consoles, it is still the best selling console of all time