• Ken kattaragi (Crazy Ken)

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • Kaz Hirai

Votes: 13 27.7%

• Total voters

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
My brother in Christ, Ken CREATED this brand. The whole PlayStation thing was his idea
I understood that, but he had flaws, deep flaws.

PS3 bullshit with the boomerang that never got release, the siaxis controller, don't understand the hardware, just got better?

One of my friend was working in SCE at the time and even don't understand wtf Ken is doing back in 2006.

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
I think back in the day Ken's SCE was dominating because there was hardly any competition, and if there was one that do some smart strats they fumbled hard.

SIE nowadays doing much better, they probably learnt a lot of their mistakes from that gen and trying to please publishers foremost.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
He almost sinked the brand my guy, Ken basically vaporized the PS2'a profit and marketshares.

Also PS2 Emotion engine, PS3 Cell engine.

Sony philoshiphy has changed from complicated revolutionary obsecure shit to simple and easy design for devs.

The complicated revolutionary obsecure shit must comes directly from their Electronics team in Japan.
The PS3 was a brilliant console, very forward thinking and the only mistake Ken made was being too blunt about the product he created. Yeah, telling gamers to get a second job to afford it (LoL) was brain-dead and one of the biggest PR blunders in gaming history.

The price was the initial killer but it was also Sony who wanted to use the PS3 as a trojan horse to win the looming HD-DVD vs Blu-Ray war which drove up the price an extra $200. Even so, you don't get to disregard PS1/PS2

Reactions: Box

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I think back in the day Ken's SCE was dominating because there was hardly any competition, and if there was one that do some smart strats they fumbled hard.

SIE nowadays doing much better, they probably learnt a lot of their mistakes from that gen and trying to please publishers foremost.
Nonsense lol. They the man was simply cut throat during those eras. He kept 3rd parties in check and made them respect Playstation, unlike today where they sling mud at the brand while expecting the playstation base to keep them afloat

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
The PS3 was a brilliant console, very forward thinking and the only mistake Ken made was being too blunt about the product he created. Yeah, telling gamers to get a second job to afford it (LoL) was brain-dead and one of the biggest PR blunders in gaming history.

The price was the initial killer but it was also Sony who wanted to use the PS3 as a trojan horse to win the looming HD-DVD vs Blu-Ray war which drove up the price an extra $200. Even so, you don't get to disregard PS1/PS2

Lets not forget the PSP which sold a respectable 80 million, the handheld market was a very Nintendo dominated one but Sony managed the carve out it's own niche.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
I understood that, but he had flaws, deep flaws.

PS3 bullshit with the boomerang that never got release, the siaxis controller, don't understand the hardware, just got better?

One of my friend was working in SCE at the time and even don't understand wtf Ken is doing back in 2006.

Why did this Boomerang controller even get a lot of hate? It doesn't even look bad and i wish they kept it

The Sixaxis was a last minute choice to compete with the Wii
images(21).jpg

wBd0yiD.gif

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I know I am later to the PlayStation party as I don't know any of those names besides the Shawn and Jim variants.

But I will say this, they have basically delivered everything I want as a gamer.

I am still working through my backlog and no words of a lie, I could probably not buy anything for the next 5 years and still have tonnes of amazing games to play.

As a person that just wants to play games, the last two guys have delivered in spades.

kid fml GIF

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I know I am later to the PlayStation party as I don't know any of those names besides the Shawn and Jim variants.

But I will say this, they have basically delivered everything I want as a gamer.

I am still working through my backlog and no words of a lie, I could probably not buy anything for the next 5 years and still have tonnes of amazing games to play.

As a person that just wants to play games, the last two guys have delivered in spades.

kid fml GIF
Stop kissing ass fishy!

• sad
Reactions: Sircaw

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
The guy in my avatar.

During the ps3/360 gen had to deal with the ps3 wiping out profits, MS chomping down on marketshare and losing third party confidence and having first party duds at the beginning.

Although he was part of the leadership who caused this disaster, but he performed a miracle to bring it all back.

Not only did playstation make a comeback but so did sony as a whole.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gamernyc78 and Umar

ultimateFF

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Easy, it's Jim Ryan. Under Jim Ryan leadership, Playstation went back into Absolutely Ruthless mode with double-combo of FFVII Remake Trilogy and FFXVI console exclusivity for life, that suck up any life from xbotz fanatic to this day 🤣. Anything that bring more suffering to xbotz dogs, is my pleasure, so thank you Jim Ryan 😂.