Beyond Good and Evil 2 Director Suddently Dies at 40

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
emil-morel-1688585649766.png

Emile Morel, a Ubisoft game designer and creative director for Beyond Good and Evil 2, has passed away at age 40.

The announcement was originally spotted by IGN on LinkedIn, where two individuals that worked with Morel made tributes on the website.

"A cherished colleague for over a decade at Ubisoft Montpellier, we laughed and wept through good times and bad, and shipped a lot great games together," Morel's former colleague M. Gabrielle Shrager wrote on LinkedIn. "Emile was so very proud of Beyond Good and Evil 2, the Space Monkeys and his teammates. He will be sorely missed."

• sad
Reactions: Zzero and Bryank75

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
emil-morel-1688585649766.png

Emile Morel, a Ubisoft game designer and creative director for Beyond Good and Evil 2, has passed away at age 40.

The announcement was originally spotted by IGN on LinkedIn, where two individuals that worked with Morel made tributes on the website.
Starting to really think this game is cursed and is never coming out. This game is the only reason I would want Sony to buy ubi just to save it from them.

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
Damn 40?!

Thats sad to pass so young. I just hit 41 and i feel like i wasted my life.
RIP to the guy.

Reactions: Bryank75

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Starting to really think this game is cursed and is never coming out. This game is the only reason I would want Sony to buy ubi just to save it from them.
There's no way BGE2 turns into a money maker at this point, Sony's first move would be to send Bungie over to inspect it. Then, after the negative report, they axe it.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
RIP. Very sad news, his coworkers really appreciated him.

In recent times he got promoted to creative director of BGE2, but before that he was lead game designer in titles like Rayman Legends, The Adventures of Tintin: The Game, Alone in the Dark (2008) or Alone in the Dark: Inferno, and also worked as additional game designer in Rayman Fiesta Run or Test Drive Unlimited 2. He worked in Ubisoft for 14 years.

There's no way BGE2 turns into a money maker at this point, Sony's first move would be to send Bungie over to inspect it. Then, after the negative report, they axe it.
Last week I did talk with multiple people who works in one of the studio that is developing it. It's taking time because it's a very ambitious game, but they continue working on it normally.

Ubi doesn't want or need to sell, and even if they would Bungie wouldn't inspect it because Bungie don't inspect Sony games. Bungie management simply joined a team to review different GaaS specific aspects for the Sony GaaS where there's also the SIE studios management and the SIE publishing management, not only Bungie. And BGE2 isn't a GaaS, so wouldn't be reviewed by that team.

Don't believe the Bloomberg FUD and lies they tell about Sony.

Last edited: