Bioware: New Mass Effect Is In Pre-Production

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
"As we look toward the future, BioWare is focused on being a leader in developing immersive, emotionally charged, single-player games, with teams primarily in Austin and Edmonton. This means a renewed focus on our two key franchises: Dragon Age™ and Mass Effect™. For Dragon Age, we continue to build, polish, and tune an exceptional experience we know our fans will love. We can’t wait to share more on this soon. For Mass Effect, we continue pre-production with a core team of veteran storytellers who are bringing the deep franchise history forward in a spectacular new way."

https://blog.bioware.com/2023/06/27/bright-future-for-swtor/

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
Unbelievable, this game was announced in 2020. This is worse than Bethesda announcing ES6 in 2018, because at least they were working on Starfield. At this point it’s not coming out this gen. It will be cross gen.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
It’s BioWare in name only at this point. For that reason I kinda have a bit more hope.

I played both Andromeda and Anthem but Inquisition was where they shit the bed for me.

Just change the name of the studio.. BioWare is no more.

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
It’s BioWare in name only at this point. For that reason I kinda have a bit more hope.

I played both Andromeda and Anthem but Inquisition was where they shit the bed for me.

Just change the name of the studio.. BioWare is no more.
Seriously, what has Bioware released in the last decade that was somewhat good? I know people say that Rare is dead and they‘re not what they used to be, and they aren’t. But at least they’ve made a successful GAAS game in Sea of Thieves. Something that Bioware failed hard in with Anthem. It’s sad to see what happened to this studio.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
People keep trolling SE release date times (which is pretty short currently) but they've been consistently releasing games, whereas Bioware is on a sad deplorable state and you don't see ANYONE shitting on them for being unable to release games.
I wonder why.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 417

catchew

8 Jun 2023
i was expecting and somewhat hoping this was heading for a 2024 or 2025 release. given the me4 teaser and the legendary release. made me believe they were reworking their assets and making new ones. the game hasn't even started production. :cry: rip bioware. hopefully dragon age is good...
Angry Mad As Hell GIF by Max

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
People keep trolling SE release date times (which is pretty short currently) but they've been consistently releasing games, whereas Bioware is on a sad deplorable state and you don't see ANYONE shitting on them for being unable to release games.
I wonder why.
You must not post at the same places as me because the continual failure to launch the next Dragon Age is generally viewed as an embarrassment (and the game will likely be bad when it comes out, too, given its seemingly messy and edict-driven development.)

Also, I see them mentioning the Austin team. Wasn't there a rumor awhile back that they were going to offload SW:TOR to Broadsword (a crypt-keeper studio that EA has farmed out Ultima Online and Dark Age of Camelot maintenence to.) Are they just going to be support now, maybe leading Mass Effect?