Black Myth: Wukong has been rated for Xbox Series by ESRB

Shadow2027

15 Dec 2023
It was always gonna be multiplatform. The devs straight up just said its gonna take longer to get it working on xbox. Same thing with bauldurs gate last year due to series s and we willikely see more to come

thicc_girls_are_teh_best

Veteran
Icon Extra
24 Jun 2022
I assumed it was already cross platform on Xbox. Well, it's always good when more players have a chance to play a game.

Nothing was stopping Xbox owners from getting the game on Steam or PS5, since they likely already have a PC or PS5 (or both).

So in theory, this isn't opening the game up to more people. Porting it to iOS and Android, or Nintendo Switch, would actually be giving more players a a chance to play. Not to an also-ran Great Value-tier PlayStation copycat.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Great value with the Series S, COD on game pass, Wukong, Genshin in November, Square CEO already doing stripteases to get on the platform. It's THE place to be 💚

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Suddenly the 50-60k western sales will matter much more in this case, I doubt anyone owns an xbox in China. Cant wait for the digital fraudery video on series s running the game

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
They would sell more if they did pro patch next month rather than xbox version

DarkLordOtaku

18 Oct 2024
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
Nothing was stopping Xbox owners from getting the game on Steam or PS5, since they likely already have a PC or PS5 (or both).

So in theory, this isn't opening the game up to more people. Porting it to iOS and Android, or Nintendo Switch, would actually be giving more players a a chance to play. Not to an also-ran Great Value-tier PlayStation copycat.
I don't know that this is a totally fair assumption. Last I read, dual ownership of Xbox and PS, was only about a third of console owners. While it's true that most households will own a PC, it's not guaranteed that the specs will be tuned for gaming.

In theory, porting it to iOS, Android, or Switch would definitely also expand the player base; however, I think the graphics requirements for Black Myth would be a bit too demanding for the hardware.

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
Nice. When a game is rated by the ESRB, it's usually released within three months so my early 2025 prediction is looking like it will come true.

Reactions: DarkLordOtaku

Kokoloko

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
So did it ever get confirmed Series S was the issue? Or what was the issue? We certainly now know there was no exclusive deal.

Xbox Team still gonna make official statements about not knowing if WuKong developers have exclusivity deals with Playstation/Other platforms.
All while there in communication with Wukong developers who are helping porting it to Xbox…. So while working on the port, they were insinuating WuKong devs might have a deal with Playstation to keep it off Xbox.

June 2024-
I asked both Microsoft and Game Science to comment on the "optimizations" issue, seeking some clarity. Was the Xbox Series S to blame? Game Science didn't respond, but this morning, a Microsoft spokesperson offered the below statement.

"We’re excited for the launch of Black Myth Wukong on Xbox Series X|S and are working with Game Science to bring the game to our platforms. We can't comment on the deals made by our partners with other platform holders, but we remain focused on making Xbox the best platform for gamers, and great games are at the center of that."

Xbox knew very well, there was no exclusive deals between WuKong team and Playstation. Especially while working on it and releasing it a few months later….. I wonder who will call them out on that bs?
Not these guys below. Or this disingenuous posters on forum….