Blizzard Is Worst Than You Thought

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
yes by far, it has an armoury, a loot filter, proper end-game systems, self found and a trading system, more classes and all future updates are free, all this for 40 quid.

We are getting close to season 4 and still no loot system from diablo 4, why is this. Basic systems that are being drip fed to us over the months, it is simply not good enough, we as consumers should be expecting better, a lot better.

Path of exile 2 beta launches in june, from what i have seen it absoulty makes a mockery of diablo 4.

I am seriously at the point where i don't think i am going to by the diablo 4 expansion, and mepy, the high cousil and act 3are some of my most favorite characters from diablo2.

No word of a lie, if you said this to me 10 years ago that i would consider not supporting a diablo product i would of called you a liar.

Do i hope diablo 4 gets better, i sure do, i want it to succeed, i was brought up on that game, but i also need be honest with myself, its just not the standard i expect from them.
i didn't really see, why that game is far better from your comment, sorry.

non of this makes really anything big.

how about combat? is it floaty? impactful? how is the story? side quest? music? world? is it coherent world and story and enemies? what is enemy variety? sense of discovery? etc.. that's reasons to buy a game. not loot filters and armouries..

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
On the one hand yes.

On the other hand, they're on Steam now, and I can't believe they won't come through with a guaranteed banger eventually. Warcraft 4 is out there just waiting to be made.
*spends 15 years releasing crappy, over-monetized trash*

Don't worry guys, that "banger" is coming any moment now.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022

dean winchester waiting GIF

Its Been A Long Time Waiting GIF

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
i didn't really see, why that game is far better from your comment, sorry.

non of this makes really anything big.

how about combat? is it floaty? impactful? how is the story? side quest? music? world? is it coherent world and story and enemies? what is enemy variety? sense of discovery? etc.. that's reasons to buy a game. not loot filters and armouries..
You are kidding yer?

IS Diablo 4 your first RPG or something?

Have you played Diablo2, path of exile, Grim dawn, torchlight, titan quest Etc.

There is a reason why there is so much hate on the forums, there is a reason why many of the top streamers have quit diablo4 to go back to Poe or now to TLE

Diablo 4 is lacking in so many areas it is not debatable, there is a reason they are totally redoing the itemisation for season 4, it totally sucks, lets just take path of exile 2 for example.

The game will have 12 classes on release.
Path of Exile 2 features a brand new campaign with six acts, 100 distinct environments, 600 monsters and 100 bosses.
Many different types of leagues
A trading system that is fundamental to these types of games, and I don't mean just for gold or summing mats.
Path of Exile 2 features 240 Skill Gems that grant devastating active skills and 200 Support Gems that modify their behaviour
Proper end-game systems

The list could go on and on, you need to check out some of the other games on offer, or at the very least watch some content and see what the top streamers or saying or doing.

Poe2 is going to hit the ground running, and diablo 4 has not even got some of the most basic things ready yet.

Diablo4 is an okay game that has been shipped without a host of many essential features.

Path of exile 2 is a few months away and its FREE.

We should never praise mediocrity,

Your Barb has been hit to many times on the head.

Last edited:

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
You are kidding yer?

IS Diablo 4 your first RPG or something?

Have you played Diablo2, path of exile, Grim dawn, torchlight, titan quest Etc.

There is a reason why there is so much hate on the forums, there is a reason why many of the top streamers have quit diablo4 to go back to Poe or now to TLE

Diablo 4 is lacking in so many areas it is not debatable, there is a reason they are totally redoing the itemisation for season 4, it totally sucks, lets just take path of exile 2 for example.

The game will have 12 classes on release.
Path of Exile 2 features a brand new campaign with six acts, 100 distinct environments, 600 monsters and 100 bosses.
Many different types of leagues
A trading system that is fundamental to these types of games, and I don't mean just for gold or summing mats.
Path of Exile 2 features 240 Skill Gems that grant devastating active skills and 200 Support Gems that modify their behaviour
Proper end-game systems

The list could go on and on, you need to check out some of the other games on offer, or at the very least watch some content and see what the top streamers or saying or doing.

Poe2 is going to hit the ground running, and diablo 4 has not even got some of the most basic things ready yet.

Diablo4 is an okay game that has been shipped without a host of many essential features.

We should never praise mediocrity,
no need to be so angry, i really don't care about loot filters, armouries if i am not getting what i asked. there is way more important things then those.

played Diablo, Diablo 2(until ice level), Diablo 3, Diablo 4, Titan Quest few times, Torchlight 1+2, Grim Dawn, Van Helsing 1+2, Path of Exile(didn't like much, especially skill tree)..

Reactions: Sircaw

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
no need to be so angry, i really don't care about loot filters, armouries if i am not getting what i asked. there is way more important things then those.

played Diablo, Diablo 2(until ice level), Diablo 3, Diablo 4, Titan Quest few times, Torchlight 1+2, Grim Dawn, Van Helsing 1+2, Path of Exile(didn't like much, especially skill tree)..
I don't do angry.

girls hearts GIF by WE tv

• Heart
Reactions: Gediminas

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023

StarCraft 2, Diablo 3, Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm, Overwatch 1, and Diablo 4 are all good to great. I don't get the hate. Ironically the case against D4 is that it's not service game enough, and they're not adding enough content. I still think what you got on day one for $70 is a worthwhile game.

Overwatch 2 was a big miss, and the main criticism is it's just more Overwatch.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
StarCraft 2, Diablo 3, Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm, Overwatch 1, and Diablo 4 are all good to great. I don't get the hate. Ironically the case against D4 is that it's not service game enough, and they're not adding enough content. I still think what you got on day one for $70 is a worthwhile game.

Overwatch 2 was a big miss, and the main criticism is it's just more Overwatch.
Well lets see here...

Starcraft 2: Worse than the original and quickly abandoned.
Diablo 3: Ugly trash for babbies and pay pigs. Broken on launch and a crime against gaming.
Hearthstone: A virtual card game. Also, isn't it pay to win?
Heroes of the Storm: Moba and thus trash by default.
Overwatch 1: Okay game with absolutely awful community management, microscopically designed to suck the fun out of casual play.
Diablo 4: Admittedly, good on day one but with the end game not included at base and, wow, its still not properly there a year later.

And those are, I assume, only the good ones. Because you left out the monetary vampire that is the Diablo phone game, the total disaster that is Overwatch 2 and the group of poorly done remasters that managed to make the originals unavailable at the same time.

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
It's a good summary of Blizzard's history. The thing is, though, so many people will overlook everything as soon as Blizzard releases a good game or even what appears to be a good game. There was all that awful behavior and decisions by Blizzard and then Diablo 4 goes on to become their fastest selling game ever. Their titles don't interest me for a variety of reasons, but I've come to accept that many Blizzard fans are loyal - no matter what.

Reactions: Sircaw