Status
Not open for further replies.

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
1000x-1.jpg

Bloomberg: Blizzard and NetEase have cancelled a mobile World Of Warcraft spin-off game that's been in dev for 3+ years The game was a MMO RPG set in the same universe as WoW during a different time period NetEase has disbanded a dev team of 100 people

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
No it doesn't. Have you played WoW?

I just don't understand how a studio capable of releasing WoW in 2004 and so many good game before have sunk so low.
What exactly made it not fit for mobile?
It needs to be adapted to be controlled by touch but it is not like they are making the same game.

MMO games like WoW do very well on mobile.

Edit - I mean both can co exists… a mobile WoW MMO won’t harm WoW MMO.

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
What exactly made it not fit for mobile?
It needs to be adapted to be controlled by touch but it is not like they are making the same game.

MMO games like WoW do very well on mobile.

Edit - I mean both can co exists… a mobile WoW MMO won’t harm WoW MMO.
I don't care about sales, I care about quality and WoW going mobile would be the admission that they gave up on quality a long time ago (and they certainly did).

• thinking_hard
Reactions: ethomaz
P

peter42O

As long as Diablo IV is excellent which according to Jason Schreier, it will be, I will be a very happy gamer!!!

Mobile game cancelled? Oh well. lol

2 Jul 2022
NY
www.twitch.tv
I have been surprised that Blizzard hasn’t jumped into mobile quicker, honestly. What I take from this however is that Blizzard no longer trusts NetEase with major decisions and that this is a problem for the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.