Bloober Team had to convince Konami to release Silent Hill 2 on PC.

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
Plenty of denuvo games get cracked , hogwarts legacy has it & empress cracked that one 12 says after it released lol
Only a few has been cracked. The vast majority of denuvo games don't get cracked. And empress seems to be the only one capable of cracking it. And she disappears all the time. 9/10 denuvo games don't get cracked. Some Companies stop paying for it after a while and then they remove it. Usually after like 2 years.

Reactions: Systemshock2023

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
Some Companies stop paying for it after a while and then they remove it. Usually after like 2 years.
Aren't there some games that never had it removed?
Like I'm pretty sure Nier Automata and Metal Gear Solid V still have Denuvo on their releases despite being several years old.
Honestly worries me; what happens when Denuvo servers go down and companies don't bother removing it? Games preservation would take a hit

Or is that not a concern? Don't really know how Denuvo's pricing models work

Reactions: Infinity

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Obviously means more work and cash for Blooper. While for Konami they had the PS5 version partially funded by Sony.
Hopefully it does well on both platforms cause I want Konami back in the game, if it bombs on PC at least Blooper will get another beating with a stick and I will join.

Speaking of PC/Steam performance, Konami is pretty much the only big publisher that I know of who do not publish in China, at least on PC.
If we take a look at Silent Hill 2 Remake's SteamDB page, we can see N/A for China's price.
Looking at their other titles and it's the same story.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Speaking of PC/Steam performance, Konami is pretty much the only big publisher that I know of who do not publish in China, at least on PC.
If we take a look at Silent Hill 2 Remake's SteamDB page, we can see N/A for China's price.
Looking at their other titles and it's the same story.
Maybe it is because the Chinese government doesn't approve games that violent, so doesn't allow them to do so. In these cases, the Chinese players get the games from the Hong Kong store (of PSN, Steam etc.), which doesn't follow that censorship/government approval.

So in these cases sales from the Chinese store of store must be minimal, so they prefer to directly to don't sell it there to avoid any possible issue with the Chinese government.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
You Are Dumb Mario Lopez GIF

• haha
Reactions: Diah

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
If nothing else I hope people at least pick up the soundtrack. Its absolutely a travesty that Yamaoka is not put on a pedestal he deserves. I hope many more people discover the genius that is Akira Yamaoka

Reactions: Kokoloko

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Koonami had the right idea, is Cory Barlog and the Bloober CEO best friends? 😂
It will be interesting to see how silent hill do on PC but PC gamers don’t play games like silent hill on PC. Maybe peak 10K if that idk I would not be surprised if it doesn’t peak 5K.

Where is silent hill listed on PC top selling?

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
This is how all PS studios are making PS/Sony leadership bend the knee smh it’s embarrassing bending the knee & diminishing the platform, storefront & hardware to a community that don’t care about PS, PS games or even exists in a substantial way on PC

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Obviously means more work and cash for Blooper. While for Konami they had the PS5 version partially funded by Sony.
Hopefully it does well on both platforms cause I want Konami back in the game, if it bombs on PC at least Blooper will get another beating with a stick and I will join.
Amazing pfp 🔥

• Shake
Reactions: CrackmanNL

Orangee

3 Mar 2024
Aren't there some games that never had it removed?
Like I'm pretty sure Nier Automata and Metal Gear Solid V still have Denuvo on their releases despite being several years old.
Honestly worries me; what happens when Denuvo servers go down and companies don't bother removing it? Games preservation would take a hit

Or is that not a concern? Don't really know how Denuvo's pricing models work
NieR doesnt have denuvo since... 3 years, I think? They removed It with the new big patch that released. Now It doesnt have any DRM and has been repacked on fitgirl a while ago. Dunno about MGS5, but I am sure It has been already cracked.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Maybe it is because the Chinese government doesn't approve games that violent, so doesn't allow them to do so. In these cases, the Chinese players get the games from the Hong Kong store (of PSN, Steam etc.), which doesn't follow that censorship/government approval.

So in these cases sales from the Chinese store of store must be minimal, so they prefer to directly to don't sell it there to avoid any possible issue with the Chinese government.

No, you don't understand.
Konami releases no games on Steam/PC in China even though Simplified Chinese is always a language option.

Suikoden I & II - No Chinese Price
Super Crazy Rhythm Castle - No Chinese Price
Super Bomberman R2 - No Chinese Price

Beat Arena - No Chinese Price
Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist : Link Evolution - No Chinese Price

Doesn't matter the game or the content.
Konami just got mad at piracy coming from China circa 2017/2018~ (I can't recall the exact timeline) and decided they would rather get zero legal sales from China and region locked all their games from that point on.

IIRC Chinese players can still play their games, they just have to VPN to another region, buy the game, and then use the Chinese language pack because that's not region locked(or maybe it has changed at this point, I dunno.)

Anyhow, it was just something I noticed, feels funny considering how big China can be in terms of sales ratio for many games nowadays, and Konami is like... Nah, we don't want any of that.

Summer Nightmares

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2023
I'm really curious to see how well this game sells on pc and playstation if its good. As far as I know Silent Hill was never a blockbuster like Resident Evil but the gaming market is much bigger now. I hope it performs well and we see more remasters or remakes for the rest of the franchise, I always wanted to try them.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
No, you don't understand.
Konami releases no games on Steam/PC in China even though Simplified Chinese is always a language option.

Suikoden I & II - No Chinese Price
Super Crazy Rhythm Castle - No Chinese Price
Super Bomberman R2 - No Chinese Price

Beat Arena - No Chinese Price
Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist : Link Evolution - No Chinese Price

Doesn't matter the game or the content.
Konami just got mad at piracy coming from China circa 2017/2018~ (I can't recall the exact timeline) and decided they would rather get zero legal sales from China and region locked all their games from that point on.

IIRC Chinese players can still play their games, they just have to VPN to another region, buy the game, and then use the Chinese language pack because that's not region locked(or maybe it has changed at this point, I dunno.)

Anyhow, it was just something I noticed, feels funny considering how big China can be in terms of sales ratio for many games nowadays, and Konami is like... Nah, we don't want any of that.
ah, ok