[Bloomberg] Grand Theft Auto VI Will Have Female Main Character for First Time In Series' History (FY2024, Vice city)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
how'd it work out for gears?

gears5-kait-diaz.gif

gee i wonder why the franchise is dead and this game failed to even chart. the jokes just write themselves with this privileged woke crew who thinks the entire industry needs to cater to them and their tastes. it doesn't. check your privilege.
Waiting for that 15 game list.
And that woman is not unattractive.
Also, Gears 5 flopped because it's the same game overdone and because it's an xbox game and they usually fail.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 140
24 Jun 2022
Female Protagonist will most probably be mexican or cuban anyway

???

how'd it work out for gears?

gears5-kait-diaz.gif

gee i wonder why the franchise is dead and this game failed to even chart. the jokes just write themselves with this privileged woke crew who thinks the entire industry needs to cater to them and their tastes. it doesn't. check your privilege.

Kate has a nice ass so whatever you want to say about her, she at least passes my test 👍

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
There is also a male main character, from what I understand we will be able to play both, you will still get your "dude", no reason to be so negative!

And I'm convinced that the game will still have great humor full of criticism of society, just not against the most vulnerable. They will still be "offensive" against politicians, the media, the institutions, companies and so on. Don't be that concerned! 🌞

I'm pretty down on this franchise at the moment. I recently replayed a bit of 5 on PS5 and turned it off very fast, outside of the sandbox gameplay I don't think these games do anything particularly well. IMO 5 was not stellar from a satirical or narrative standpoint, tbh none of them ever have been. It's been so long since they really impressed me with this franchise, I don't think they have any edge anymore, and this focus on gender bullshit is just an obvious ploy at easing it into modern acceptability, the dude is a token. There was a time when GTA set out to offend, not avoid controversy.

Reactions: Bryank75

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
A female GTA protagonist is a good idea, if we are going to have multiple protagonist I want them to each be very distinct from the others.

I really hope one of the protagonists is a cop, it's the type of stuff that would just work perfectly in the type of story they tell.

I say why not, fantastic to me, opens up an entirely different perspective from the character.

The only thing i don't want to see is Purple hair on her. I want diverse characters just not the "I am going to preach to you " type
Well, you'll be able to change her hair. 🧠

I want to be a dude and I enjoy offensive comedy in the vein of their old games so they aren't selling me on it with these bullet points
If you want to be a dude just transition, we have the technology, sort of.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 140

I'm pretty down on this franchise at the moment. I recently replayed a bit of 5 on PS5 and turned it off very fast, outside of the sandbox gameplay I don't think these games do anything particularly well. IMO 5 was not stellar from a satirical or narrative standpoint, tbh none of them ever have been. It's been so long since they really impressed me with this franchise, I don't think they have any edge anymore, and this focus on gender bullshit is just an obvious ploy at easing it into modern acceptability, the dude is a token. There was a time when GTA set out to offend, not avoid controversy.

If you didn't like what the series was doing for a long time, for me that's an argument for the change, not against it! And it tried, desperately, to be edgy and provocative, see the torture controversy for example. If GTA 4 and 5 weren't offensive enough for you, I honestly don't understand what you're hoping for, GTA x Postal?

That said, the mere existence of a playable female character seems to be offensive enough for many people, including you it seems, so that's ironic 😹

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
I was just thinking how bizarre it is that some people believe GTA should satirize marginalized groups like black and LGBT people and also the #MeToo movement. No, they shouldn’t. It’s one thing to satirize virtue signaling like Vought on The Boys and another entirely to make fun of a group of people that are just trying to live and denounce some of the abuse they suffered over the years. These people that think it’s fine to make fun of these people can fuck off and thank goodness Rockstar is not out of touch.

• they're_right_you_know

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
I was just thinking how bizarre it is that some people believe GTA should satirize marginalized groups like black and LGBT people and also the #MeToo movement. No, they shouldn’t. It’s one thing to satirize virtue signaling like Vought on The Boys and another entirely to make fun of a group of people that are just trying to live and denounce some of the abuse they suffered over the years. These people that think it’s fine to make fun of these people can fuck off and thank goodness Rockstar is not out of touch.
Are you sure the point is not about a franchise broadly known for being politically incorrect curtailing to woke culture?

Humor, satire and levity are what make the unbearable bearable for actual humans. Preconditioned intellectual minnows told what to think and what to be offended by, should simply look the other way.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Are you sure the point is not about a franchise broadly known for being politically incorrect curtailing to woke culture?

Humor, satire and levity are what make the unbearable bearable for actual humans. Preconditioned intellectual minnows told what to think and what to be offended by, should simply look the other way.
Making fun or marginalized groups is not ok at all. “Woke culture” doesn’t exist. The dominant culture is still the traditional one, anything else is FUD made by alt right and conservative people. Like I said, making fun of companies virtue signaling like Vought on the boys is fine. Making fun of marginalized groups of people isn’t.

• they're_right_you_know

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Making fun in marginalized groups is not the same as curtailing a supposed (and unexistent woke culture). “Woke culture” doesn’t exist. The dominant culture is still the traditional one, anything else is FUD made by alt right and conservative people. Like I said, making fun of companies virtue signaling like Vought on the boys is fine. Making fun of marginalized groups of people isn’t.
I can’t believe I’m reading this.

You’d be right at home in the 50’s where an onscreen kiss could only be closed lipped and last for no longer than 10 seconds or it would have been considered offensive otherwise.

Luckily true liberalism allowed culture to evolve past being told what is and isn’t acceptable.

There are clearly reprehensible things we can all agree on. But not making fun of pedophiles because pedophelia is offensive are not one and the same. And someone being gay doesn't mean they can’t take a joke either. Dark humor, crass humor, whatever it may be - is upto the individual to decide if they enjoy it - not impose their preference onto others.

Woke Culture doesn’t exist, lol.

• thinking_hard

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
I can’t believe I’m reading this.

You’d be right at home in the 50’s where an onscreen kiss could only be closed lipped and last for no longer than 10 seconds or it would have been considered offensive otherwise.

Luckily true liberalism allowed culture to evolve past being told what is and isn’t acceptable.

There are clearly reprehensible things we can all agree on. But not making fun of pedophiles because pedophelia is offensive are not one and the same. And someone being gay doesn't mean they can’t take a joke either. Dark humor, crass humor, whatever it may be - is upto the individual to decide if they enjoy it - not impose their preference onto others.

Woke Culture doesn’t exist, lol.
That’s not what I’m saying though? I’m saying it’s not ok to make fun of a marginalized group of people. Anything else is you reading more than what I’m saying.
And, yes, woke culture doesn’t exist.
The vast majority of characters in any media are straight and white.
The vast majority of celebrities are straight and white.
The vast majority of rich people are straight and white.
The vast majority of people in high positions in companies are straight and white.
“Woke culture” is FUD spread by conservatives. It is what it is.
Thank goodness Rockstar is not stupid and will keep making fun of those that should be made fun of.
You might think it’s cool to make fun of abused people but sensible people know it’s tone deaf.
You do you, though. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
That’s not what I’m saying though? I’m saying it’s not ok to make fun of a marginalized group of people. Anything else is you reading more than what I’m saying.
And, yes, woke culture doesn’t exist.
The vast majority of characters in any media are straight and white.
The vast majority of celebrities are straight and white.
The vast majority of rich people are straight and white.
The vast majority of people in high positions in companies are straight and white.
“Woke culture” is FUD spread by conservatives. It is what it is.
Thank goodness Rockstar is not stupid and will keep making fun of those that should be made fun of. 🤷🏻‍♂️
White majority exists in a white country, Chineses majority exists in China, Indian majority exists in India. 96% of the population is hetro according to documented statistics, therefore a straight majority in most walks of life. What point are you making here?

No need to spread fud, you’re a living breathing example of woke talking points and would realise it If you cared to examine anything beyond your conditioning.

And it is ok to make jokes about anything or anyone. It will get rejected by society naturally if it doesn’t land, and die on its own via simple natural selection.

• thinking_hard

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
White male characters has been way overdone than that, PS3/PS4 gen was everything we had.
As has been teenage characters in japanese games since the beginning of times.
I don't see you crying about that.
Say 15 AAA games with a character like you described.
Gears 5
rafael-ussuy-00-present-0001-colormedium.jpg

Halo 5
VALE_2.png

maxresdefault.jpg

Recore

1171444-chloef500.jpg

Uncharted: Lost Legacy

redfall-release-date.jpg

Redfall

alex-LX9MGkgFe.jpg

Life is Strange

maxresdefault.jpg

The last of Us

D1IOd0BWsAAiX5T.jpg

Control

Returnal_cover_art.jpg

Returnal

I could keep going, but you get the point. the ugly, shorthaired masculine-female trope has been done to death this past generation. time to sunset the template and try something else.

I'm at the point where I honestly think it would cause some of these western developers pain to design an actually attractive, feminine female character.

then why you try to oppose it, you're immediately called

1) a misogynist
2)gay, "because you want to stare at men instead"?

completely problematic.

D

Deleted member 140

And it is ok to make jokes about anything or anyone. It will get rejected by society naturally if it doesn’t land, and die on its own via simple natural selection.

Funny thing is, you've come full circle and I hope you realize it! 😻
Making fun of marginalized groups and kicking down on the vulnerable is being rejected by society as far as I'm concerned, but it seems like certain people are reluctant to accept it, trying to push the culture war narrative.

I've heard it so many times, the "woke-virus" has infected the school, academia, Hollywood, mainstream media, big tech and the biggest companies in the world, the main institutions in politics, the FBI, the gaming industry... That seems to me like a pretty big part of society rejects it! But some people keep denying it and saying it's brainwashing, desperately trying to spin it and trying to play the victims themselves, which wouldn't work if the majority would be on their side.

But honestly, I don't know why we should even fight about it. It's an online discussion and will lead to nothing at all! 😿 I'm convinced that we are here to have a good time and have fun with videogames, all this concern is not necessary in my opinion! Let's wait for the final game, try to approach it without having made up our minds beforehand, and judge it on its own, see if it's a good game or not. Because woke, conservative or whatever has never made a game good or bad. It's the mechanics, the design, the stories, the atmosphere etc.
We should all try to get along individually, not fight over some abstract bad that's supposedly destroying society.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Funny thing is, you've come full circle and I hope you realize it! 😻
Making fun of marginalized groups and kicking down on the vulnerable is being rejected by society as far as I'm concerned, but it seems like certain people are reluctant to accept it, trying to push the culture war narrative.

I've heard it so many times, the "woke-virus" has infected the school, academia, Hollywood, mainstream media, big tech and the biggest companies in the world, the main institutions in politics, the FBI, the gaming industry... That seems to me like a pretty big part of society rejects it! But some people keep denying it and saying it's brainwashing, desperately trying to spin it and trying to play the victims themselves, which wouldn't work if the majority would be on their side.

But honestly, I don't know why we should even fight about it. It's an online discussion and will lead to nothing at all! 😿 I'm convinced that we are here to have a good time and have fun with videogames, all this concern is not necessary in my opinion! Let's wait for the final game, try to approach it without having made up our minds beforehand, and judge it on its own, see if it's a good game or not. Because woke, conservative or whatever has never made a game good or bad. It's the mechanics, the design, the stories, the atmosphere etc.
We should all try to get along individually, not fight over some abstract bad that's supposedly destroying society.
I’m pretty sure nobody disagrees on fairness and opportunity for all. It is the overreach for anything that is objectionable. And overreach is in abundance in certain groups that are defining what is allowed in a Puritan fashion.

The poster previously took issue in white majorities in white countries seemingly, not all that uncommon an approach that is part and parcel.

Status
Not open for further replies.