Bloomberg -- Microsoft to Launch Mobile Game Store

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Who is this store for? Customers or Corporations? If it's customers it's DOA.

Customers don't want anything to do with Microsoft products. Xbox, phone, mixer, explorer, Bing. No one cares. MS = Excel spreadsheet at work. They have to hide the Xbox logo in Minecraft for fear of people deleting the game 😅

I'm sure Outlook is on Windows Store but people still use Steam. MS Word and Outlook is not a draw 🤣

You realize that one of the biggest uses of the Apple App Store and Google PlayStore is enterprise right? And they bought ABK specifically for things like Candy Crush and Warzone Mobile.

63 million MAUs on LinkedIn mobile
over 100 million downloads of Outlook Mobile
320 million active users using Microsoft Teams
250 million MAUs for Candy Crush
50 million users on Warzone Mobile
over 100 million users using Microsoft Authenticator

• noneofmybizz
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Any organisation that takes secruity and encryption seriously uses Proton. I wouldn't waste my time in a low end company that still uses outlook, what's next internet Explorer? Lmao

Also when it comes tech companies Linux has always been the preferred OS.

I have worked in Finance, Tech, Energy, and Government, and not a single organization I worked for used proton or had partners that used proton and almost no one uses Linux. Most engineers use MacOS and non Engineers Windows PC.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
I have worked in Finance, Tech, Energy, and Government, and not a single organization I worked for used proton or had partners that used proton and almost no one uses Linux. Most engineers use MacOS and non Engineers Windows PC.

Using MS office is a massive secruity risk, I don't really trust your american government organisations with my Data

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I would not wish microsoft teams even on my worst enemy
How about Teams while your work computer runs Linux? That is what I get. :eek:

My hatred for MS only increases every time I'm exposed to one of their products. If anything Xbox is one of their best products. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Box

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
I can't access my work email from anything except Outlook.

I was super excited to join icon-era because I thought I noticed a lot of better discussions, but since joining and actually participating in full discussions I've noticed that what I saw was the veneer... There are so many trolls and ignorant posters who love to post the most ridiculous things.

They won't even concede to facts.

Like I don't mind him saying Proton is better/more secure than Outlook... sure, whatever, but to ignore outlooks market share... just tells me that people don't know what they're talking about and it makes having fun discussions about the industry and the market nearly impossible...

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
It's the whole reason they bought ABK, for the K.

Mobile is worth more to Microsoft than consoles are. They can crash the console market and send the players to PC or Mobile, both of which they have a stake in.

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
Imagine telling someone in 2010 Xbox is opening a mobile store lol

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Imagine telling someone in 2010 Xbox is opening a mobile store lol

They announced EOL January of 2019 of Windows Mobile.

August 2020, Microsoft adds support to Epics suit against Apple over their AppStore

January 2022, Microsoft announces that they are buying ABK with clear visions on mobile.

So, no one would really anticipate this in 2010, but you could certainly anticipate it from 2019.

Reactions: SLB1904

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
They announced EOL January of 2019 of Windows Mobile.

August 2020, Microsoft adds support to Epics suit against Apple over their AppStore

January 2022, Microsoft announces that they are buying ABK with clear visions on mobile.

So, no one would really anticipate this in 2010, but you could certainly anticipate it from 2019.
I mean I’m just saying how the market change. Back then mobile was an abomination

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
What are the odds that this store is going to suck? This is the company that haven't been able to figure out how to make a functional store on PC even 20 years after Steam first released on Windows.

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
What are the odds that this store is going to suck? This is the company that haven't been able to figure out how to make a functional store on PC even 20 years after Steam first released on Windows.
I’m hope it’s amazing and all the bots migrate to mobile and leave us alone

reziel

Veteran
12 Jun 2023
I’m hope it’s amazing and all the bots migrate to mobile and leave us alone
That'll never happen the bots won't migrate they'll just double in size unfortunately. Besides even if it fails they'll just buyout a competitor for the "good" of their consumers. (-_-)

• haha
Reactions: SLB1904