Bloomberg: Sony Tells UK to Force Microsoft Call of Duty Sale or Veto $69 Billion Activision Deal

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Bloomberg lost a LOT of credibility when they hired Schreier, but they have always had a tendency toward yellow headlines.

Regardless of how he comes off as a pompus ass, the guy is one of the best reporters when it comes to his information, and articles he writes on specific things within the gaming sphere.

Guy sometimes has a skewed view of the industry but when he has reports for information on subjects like Activision scandal, guy is usually right. Unlike people like Jez or Grubb who literally try to circle Jason's contacts.

BTW this was not written by jason.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Why are these people not using the right words?

"tells" and "asks" are very different things - Unless they are using Bobby Koticks defense team and terminology. In that case, they may seem them as synonyms.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023

"tells" and "asks" are very different things - Unless they are using Bobby Koticks defense team and terminology. In that case, they may seem them as synonyms.
They're intentionally trying to paint this situation as the CMA doing Sony's bidding.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Makes sense that they would ask for this. Specially knowing that MS wouldn't want to sell CoD, so basically Jimbo is asking them to block the deal.

Normal, because Sony would prefer to keep CoD on their console forever and to don't have it as exclusive in a rival game sub.

I think regulators may agree, but I can easily see them approving the deal.

Last edited:

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
The language they use to describe MS is a lot softer / makes them appear to be more agreeable.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
The language they use to describe MS is a lot softer / makes them appear to be more agreeable.

Stop crying, MS.

Zeroing

Veteran
6 Jul 2022

It’s America where media and journalism are messed up and everything American and mega corporations getting bigger is a good thing…

All this is trial by the media.

Reactions: Deleted member 417

Zeroing

Veteran
6 Jul 2022
Ah, my daily dose of Eurotrash superiority complex.
I should also resort to name calling you, maybe you’ll like it. You are the one with superiority complex, trashing people for their opinions and how they write. Please stop projecting your crap into others.

I’m not being superior, just stating facts, I’m not even saying European countries are better because they are not. Every country have their issues.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Just out of curiosity, if Microsoft sells CoD, the IP, but keeps all of the studios and tech, wouldn't they retain most of the sales numbers? Like a Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons type rebrand.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
I should also resort to name calling you, maybe you’ll like it. You are the one with superiority complex, trashing people for their opinions and how they write. Please stop projecting your crap into others.

I’m not being superior, just stating facts, I’m not even saying European countries are better because they are not. Every country have their issues.
Then why bring countries into it at all?