Boomer IP revivals… Highlander should be next

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
2W8gtg.gif

With Robocop being received exceptionally well by players themselves with fan service needs met… it’s likely more 80s action films will be adapted.

More Terminator and Robocop would suffice tbh but stuff like Rambo would surely adapt well to a game setting.

Anyone on the internet since the 90s knows what kind of cult following that original Highlander film has to this day. Hell, I still kinda get taken out of drives over the 59th street bridge to visualize that final fight on top of the still standing Silvercup studios.

The game could start off in the past opening with the battle that gets Connor killed.

ef890e3f444bb278573e5bd6da9377393adff6b9.gifv

Do the whole Sean Connery Jedi training thing. Live thru the centuries with battles to add more action to the narrative, wrapping up with the final encounter with kurgan in the 80s. Please keep the msg and pro wrestling nods in the openings

Traditional level based game design and linear. Strictly a sword brawler.

The movie and original tv show are ripe for ideas to adapt. As long as we stay away from Highlander 2 ffs.

And if they manage to actually get snippets of the queen soundtrack. Imagine that title card opening? Would be hype. (I’m not a queen fan at all but the Highlander soundtrack hits hard).

Please use likenesses of Lambert and Connery.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gamernyc78

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
With Robocop being received exceptionally well by players themselves with fan service needs met… it’s likely more 80s action films will be adapted.

More Terminator and Robocop would suffice tbh but stuff like Rambo would surely adapt well to a game setting.

Anyone on the internet since the 90s knows what kind of cult following that original Highlander film has to this day. Hell, I still kinda get taken out of drives over the 59th street bridge to visualize that final fight on top of the still standing Silvercup studios.

The game could start off in the past opening with the battle that gets Connor killed.

Do the whole Sean Connery Jedi training thing. Live thru the centuries with battles to add more action to the narrative, wrapping up with the final encounter with kurgan in the 80s. Please keep the msg and pro wrestling nods in the openings

Traditional level based game design and linear. Strictly a sword brawler.

The movie and original tv show are ripe for ideas to adapt. As long as we stay away from Highlander 2 ffs.

And if they manage to actually get snippets of the queen soundtrack. Imagine that title card opening? Would be hype. (I’m not a queen fan at all but the Highlander soundtracks hits hard).
Waited big for the announcement of a classic collection of alien games, terminator games and robocop games.

OP
OP
Vertigo

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022

It looks like jank but the buzz around it is legitimate on the grassroots level. Not something that would be measurable outside of player rating metrics. Biomutant has a similar cult favorite run. I haven’t played it but the way players try to sell it to others is out of genuine love and I do value seeing such.

It’s a success for AA standard. Even if it’s subjectively still jank vs industry giants Robocop has done well enough to be optimistic about future efforts.

Sales should be modest. Better than terminator for sure. I wonder if there’s data available yet.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
RoboCop is a very good and fun game. I agree with your sentiment @Vertigo

Sony should def try to get these guys onboard and give them a nice budget.

Kx11

Banned
7 Jan 2024
Katar
flickr.com
Robocop was awesome for people who loved the original movie, thy nailed the atmosphere, Highlander is a bit too much to get right