Breaking: Concord is shutting down on September 6, full refunds. (Update: Servers Now Closed)

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Haters doesn't matter as long as you also have fans.

Remember Hogwarts Legacy? That game had WAY more haters, JK Rowling alienated basically half the population with her views, there were campaigns to boycott the game, talking about it in some forums and subreddits was straight banned and yet the game was one of the best selling games of that year, because despise the haters it had a lot of fans.

Haters can't prevent you from turning your console on and playing a match.
Not sure... but I believe this game had more hatters than Hogwarts.
Hogwarts was just were doing what they do... on normal game places there is no hate at all.
Because they knew what Harry Potter was... so even if ERA and some weird tried to push a narrative nobody will give a shit to it.

Concord not just had hate in all places the media pushed the same narrative.
Even casual gamers that didn't know what Concord was knows it was a game set to fail.
The narrative was strong here and as it was something new it had nothing to hold it in people minds.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I still don't understand what Herman and Jim saw in this game that made him want to buy the studio before the game even came out
How can do you not see it? The game is pretty great when you play it.
This is something weird narrative here.

Because if any executive that see / plays it will give green light... it feels high quality here in all places.... graphics, music, gameplay, animation, etc.

Edit - I mean... any executive playing that will give green light to it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kokoloko

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
Also didn't help Concord that Marvel Rivals launched a beta before Concord's release and Marvel Rivals has style.
Valorant coming to console after the Beta, Overwatch putting a new character on the open playtest, Valve ''leaking'' Deadlock and revealing it officially before launch. They got jumped but after the Beta numbers & reception shouldn't have ever released the game.

I still don't understand what Herman and Jim saw in this game that made him want to buy the studio before the game even came out
I've said it before probably to fill in the gap of Overwatch if MS pulled it away, have a FPS studio internally & devs that have synergy with Bungie. Looks like a high production FPS but everything sounds nice on paper..

I will say there was a potential SP title in it. Use one galaxy with the lore, travel around it more Mass Effect style than GoTG, fighting against/picking up other characters. The ending is basically joining the free gunners and onward to the MP. You would have had SP enjoyers picking it up, a better introduction/affiliation with characters than their vignette idea and a way to differentiate from other hero-shooters.
Every time I played that level with the tower in the middle in the backdrop from the trailer I thought of that, it looked beautiful. But they put so much work in the backdrop there instead of the level itself lol. Idk what the Director was thinking.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

This is exactly why the game failed 'overwhelming noise' is how they refer to critism instead of listening to gamers they just ignored it as noise

Or maybe the hate from people like you was the issue 🤷‍♂️
Because you are stalking their twitter you should know their are receiving a lot of messages from people that did like the game and are honest sad how things turned out.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023

This is exactly why the game failed 'overwhelming noise' is how they refer to critism instead of listening to gamers they just ignored it as noise

Yes because telling the devs their game is shit, they desverved to be shut down, blaming them for every single thing wrong within PlayStation, their game is DOA, fuck DEI, calling them talentless.... Is a great way to interact with them and it's justified?

Where as in the same tweet the guy said he appreciates constructive feedback...but of course you skipped over all that. Because you guys think developers are punching bags and must take abuse from you lil cucks online.

Reactions: Dick Jones and Ico

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Yes because telling the devs their game is shit, they desverved to be shut down, blaming them for every single thing wrong within PlayStation, their game is DOA, fuck DEI, calling them talentless.... Is a great way to interact with them and it's justified?

Where as in the same tweet the guy said he appreciates constructive feedback...but of course you skipped over all that. Because you guys think developers are punching bags and must take abuse from you lil cucks online.
You never know; they might be back in a few months with a free-to-play base model.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024

While I agree that the devs in general dont deserve the shit being flinged at them but this guy in particular doesn't deserve any sympathy, the failure of concord solely rests on his shoulders. I am surprised he has not been fired yet

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
You never know; they might be back in a few months with a free-to-play base model.
It is a waste to throw it away after all that work, could live on in Plus. But I would just absolve Firewalk, move some talent and rebrand them. Everything that comes out of them will be tainted and met with disdain.

Reactions: Sircaw

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Well that's what the wording suggests but one of the devs tweeted today they have no clue what they'll be doing next. I don't think it can come back... The name Concord is forever tarnished 😬🫣

Reactions: Sircaw and ethomaz

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
While I agree that the devs in general dont deserve the shit being flinged at them but this guy in particular doesn't deserve any sympathy, the failure of concord solely rests on his shoulders. I am surprised he has not been fired yet
Still doesn't warrant abuse especially from people who never played the game. Again devs are people and having hundreds of people attacking and insulting you over a fictional world you created... Is nasty especially considering it mostly by grown ass men

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom

'positivity & constructive feedback' is just telling them what they want to hear for these Devs obviously

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
'positivity & constructive feedback' is just telling them what they want to hear for these Devs obviously
Many who played the beta and the game voiced constructive feedback about things that wasn't working for the game. But not surprised to see yet another opinion of yours jump off a cliff.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Dick Jones
OP
OP
John Elden Ring

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States

PhIkhNa.jpeg

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
I don't think that's it.

All the DEI crap contributed to the game failing but I don't think that was the biggest problem.

TLOU2 leaked before release and was made out to be a much bigger woke clusterfuck. It still sold millions on release.

Casuals don't follow development. They don't follow the drama. The game simply wasn't marketed and it wasn't that good. It's a game you've seen a hundred times before and none of it stands out.

We'll see how the other 2 do.
I do believe ND came out and said the leaks and rumours did hurt it some.

But with a juggernaut like TLOU, many are willing to forgo the bs to get immersed in the world and story.

Last edited:

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Not sure... but I believe this game had more hatters than Hogwarts.
Hogwarts was just were doing what they do... on normal game places there is no hate at all.
Because they knew what Harry Potter was... so even if ERA and some weird tried to push a narrative nobody will give a shit to it.

Concord not just had hate in all places the media pushed the same narrative.
Even casual gamers that didn't know what Concord was knows it was a game set to fail.
The narrative was strong here and as it was something new it had nothing to hold it in people minds.
Haters of Hogwarts were the Modern Audience Concord was trying to satisfy. As observed, it is obvious the modern audience is completely inconsequential