Breaking: Concord is shutting down on September 6, full refunds. (Update: Servers Now Closed)

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
Valorant coming to console after the Beta, Overwatch putting a new character on the open playtest, Valve ''leaking'' Deadlock and revealing it officially before launch. They got jumped but after the Beta numbers & reception shouldn't have ever released the game.

I've said it before probably to fill in the gap of Overwatch if MS pulled it away, have a FPS studio internally & devs that have synergy with Bungie. Looks like a high production FPS but everything sounds nice on paper..

I will say there was a potential SP title in it. Use one galaxy with the lore, travel around it more Mass Effect style than GoTG, fighting against/picking up other characters. The ending is basically joining the free gunners and onward to the MP. You would have had SP enjoyers picking it up, a better introduction/affiliation with characters than their vignette idea and a way to differentiate from other hero-shooters.
Every time I played that level with the tower in the middle in the backdrop from the trailer I thought of that, it looked beautiful. But they put so much work in the backdrop there instead of the level itself lol. Idk what the Director was thinking.
Yeah, Sony was chasing a market (hero shooter) that was already crowded and the game they thrown into it had missteps that prevented it from standing apart from the competition. As far as single player potential yeah I for one got the sense that Firewalk might have wanted to do a campaign based off of how Concord was marketed from the jump. For example, that cinematic trailer that was shown at that one State of Play was filled with so much banter from the characters it felt like a trailer introducing a single player game rather than a multiplayer only title. Add on to the fact they wanted to add story cutscenes weekly. Poor ass marketing.

Reactions: CrackmanNL

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I can’t believe they gave this game a dedicated episode of that new series.

More industry narcissism on display where these devs think they’re rock stars. Not as cringe as the dance number for Alan Wake 2 at the TGAs but still just as embarrassing. It’s a club… without having earned the swagger.

Serves them right… acting like they’re coming in to sweep game of the year awards and all the dollars — to have those that matter — gamers — pretty much tell you to go fuck yourself.

Love to see it

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Don’t forget … Tactical. Espionage. Action

Is PlayStation bound — the man is coming.

New Kojima post 😬😎

IMG-0532.jpg

• Surprised
  • fire
Reactions: EDMIX and Johnic

EDMIX

Concord and the industry failing is due to racists like Shreier….

lol I mean, I dislike Jason Shreier as much as the next guy, but this game did poorly for so many other very valid reasons.

I think many are using this as ammo for some culture war thing, but I think the game's issues go way beyond anything folks are trying to force into some of these threads.

1. I don't believe majority care about this culture war thing on either side.

2. Games flop, it happens. I don't think Jason has the pull to bring down a whole game.

3. For MP titles to succeed, they need a lot of people, making the beta a pre-order only thing was a mistake

4. People know Sony for its SP titles, they show a trailer narrative focused this was a mistake. Those that love SP titles may have assumed that is what it was, showing its a MP title later, only makes those that watched that first trailer feel like they are missing something, this "could have been" this or that etc. It should have been marketed for MP players right off of the bat

5. This genre is crowded and demands more then money, it demands something more valuable...time. Free to play or not, the game needs to hit the ground running and anything charging a price MUST be offering something must more compelling then its free to play peers

So look, I'm sure a lot of hate this game has gotten clearly is based on some culture war thing, but I could care less about either side of that and even I didn't buy the game, I even wanted to play it to see what it was, found out you NEEDED to buy it to play the beta, then found out much later they had a free beta lol So I can only imagine that those that wanted to see what this was, went thru something like that and it just wasn't meant to be.

You need something massive to break thru in this genre and if you charge even 39.99, you must have something that can rival your free to play peers. So I honestly believe even without all of this shit that surrounded the game, it would have still failed tbh.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022

Sweet Baby Inch effect are real

top post is fake, game was in development for years before sony's buyout so their boss wouldn't have been jim or hermen to be in a position to reject gravity rush or close down japan studio

Reactions: EDMIX
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom

Sweet Baby Inch effect are real

Wait that wasn't made up about that dev that came out as none binary demanded everyone call the 'professor' & wanted every employee that didn't get the COVID shot fired ? I didn't think that was true because surely someone that deranged would've been fired lol

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Wait that wasn't made up about that dev that came out as none binary demanded everyone call the 'professor' & wanted every employee that didn't get the COVID shot fired ? I didn't think that was true because surely someone that deranged would've been fired lol
Unless you are deranged also?

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
I can’t believe they gave this game a dedicated episode of that new series.

More industry narcissism on display where these devs think they’re rock stars. Not as cringe as the dance number for Alan Wake 2 at the TGAs but still just as embarrassing. It’s a club… without having earned the swagger.

Serves them right… acting like they’re coming in to sweep game of the year awards and all the dollars — to have those that matter — gamers — pretty much tell you to go fuck yourself.

Love to see it

This is why I like the industry blowing up in a way. Folks in forums blow developers so much. In reset era you can get banned for suggesting devs could have done a better job (lazy dev rhetoric)

Their egos are out of control. A big correction for this industry is long overdue. I have never seen an industry so hostile towards its own customers.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
I can’t tell what’s trolling anymore… 😞

There is a whole faction called Sisters of Battle that is made up of badass warrior nuns in warhammer 40k but they want female custodes lmao. This is just done out of pure spite, they don't want the male fans to have anything they love.

Reactions: ToTTenTranz