BREAKING: Xbox is shutting down Arkane Austin, Tango Gameworks, and two other studios.

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
Arkane Austin was 💩, not a loss. Although I feel for the devs. But Tango? Damn. So we’re never getting a sequel to Hi-Ri Rush. SMH.

• sad
Reactions: Neversummer

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
Wow, Tango was a great studio.

So no HiFi Rush 2 or Evil Within 3?

And no Redfall DLC for the chumps that bought it?
Evil Within was dead the minute Mikami left that studio. He saw the writing on the wall. He’s smart.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
they are completely doubling down on established IP

they have basically done what Phil Spencer said they wouldn't

everyone go work on "Elder Scrolls Fallout and COD!!!"
Almost everyone in Movie/TV/Games is doubling down on established IPs, it's nice to think to want things but it's not really a reality. Kinda sucks big time tbh.

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
Arkane Austin was expected after Redfall, but one would have thought Tango was in the clear after HiFi Rush was such a critical success.

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
People waiting for Red fall DLC

Sad Season 2 GIF by Friends

• haha
Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
This is the most violent move I have ever seen but serves them right for siding with this facelesss megacorp.

After years of getting gaslight these employees and studios were now safe. They took the IPs and shutdown the studios. Worse than Embracer. Is the industry and the xbots finally going to wake up to MS? 🤡

Poor Tango. What a horrible fate getting sold to this trash company 😭

Last edited:
OP
OP
Luffy123

Luffy123

Veteran
16 Jul 2023
Almost everyone in Movie/TV/Games is doubling down on established IPs, it's nice to think to want things but it's not really a reality. Kinda sucks big time tbh.

imo I am not complaining cause I love Fallout

but this was the exact opposite narrative we've seen parroted for the past 5 years about how Microsoft is the only publisher allowing for experimental titles and now AAA blockbusters

how Phil won't make everyone work on COD or ES6 or Fallout