BREAKING: Xbox is shutting down Arkane Austin, Tango Gameworks, and two other studios.

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
JrV4TgV.jpg
f054c6b9cec94fb3d31069d3e83e806b.gif

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Microsoft is saving these studios by acquiring publishers. Gamepass allows them to not care about sales, and get infinite money for projects!
Also hardware doesn't matter.

I wonder how many Xbox fanatics and shills actually believed that. Can they be that dumb?

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
No one should be surprised about this, Microsoft as an entity shuts down most of their shit if they are not successful immediately. I can understand Arkane austin shutting down, After Redfall I would also close down the studio if I had any shame. Btw they still did not deliver on the bite back edition season pass content. I want all the people who wanted to sue Sony for PSN requirement to show the same energy in this case also

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
I wonder if Xbox will offer refunds to everyone who bought the deluxe version of Redfall for the DLC. I saw they said they will provide "make-good offers" but what exactly does that mean?

Some context might be needed as no one seems to be talking about it.

Arkane Austin
Closing with some members joining other studios to work on projects across Bethesda, Redfall and it's servers will remain online "for players to enjoy" (lol) and they will provide "make-good offers" to players who purchased the "Hero DLC"

Alpha Dog Studios
Studio is closing entirely, Mighty Doom will be sunset on August 7th and players will no longer be able to purchase anything from it.

Tango Gameworks
Studio is closing entirely, Hi-Fi RUSH will continue to be available for everyone on the platforms it is today.

Roundhouse Games
Studio is joining Zenimax Online Studios to work on Elder Scrolls Online to do even more to "grow the world that millions of players call home," they played a key role in "many of their recent game launches."

I messed up when changing font size, apparently there is no way to set the font size back to default (which seems to be 13 or 14)

I hope the people that lost their jobs fully can find employment soon, it seems MS is putting real work on Bethesda and Zenimax though, what could that possibly be again? Blade? Elder Scrolls 6? (Fallout 5 won't be until after ES6)

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
This was posted by Arkane Studios, looks like people can get their money back based on the cost of the upgrade, if I am reading this correctly.

• haha
Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Double Fine and 343 next? Are there any other smaller obscure teams at ABK left? The tony hawk studio?

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
MS should have never shut down Tango. It was one of their most creative studios as well as their only studio in Japan. Yes Hi-Fi didn’t sell well, but that game most likely didn’t cost much to make. Tango games could have been used as good AA titles, that you could put on GP. With MS’s new multi platform strategy, they could have found more success on PS and Nintendo. Another stupid move by MS.