BREAKING: Xbox is shutting down Arkane Austin, Tango Gameworks, and two other studios.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Seems that by Roundhouse Games Matt Booty meant in his mail Roundhouse Studios (previously known as Human Head Studios), a support team who worked in Elder Scrolls Online and Redfall.

And by Alpha Dog Studios meant Alpha Dog Games (also known as ZeniMax Halifax), a mobile gaming developer from Canada who made Ninja Golf or Mighty Doom.

It's a bit embarassing and humilliating to see that someone in charge of the studios is so disconnected from them that doesn't even remember their name when having to shut them down.

If anything. This will now take some attention off of Sony, for the Helldivers PSN fiasco. Lol
I think that the opposite. Sony haters were trying to force a drama -including in here at Iconea- out of that stupid non-issue thing, so now will try it harder.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Seems that by Roundhouse Games Matt Booty meant in his mail Roundhouse Studios (previously known as Human Head Studios), a support team who worked in Elder Scrolls Online and Redfall.

And by Alpha Dog Studios meant Alpha Dog Games (also known as ZeniMax Halifax), a mobile gaming developer from Canada who made Ninja Golf or Mighty Doom.

It's a bit embarassing and humilliating to see that someone in charge of the studios is so disconnected from them that doesn't even remember their name when having to shut them down.

Shows how much they care. They even called Tango Gameworks Tango Softworks when they acquired them.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
no more 1 AAA game every 3 months how they dreamt? :D
Having shit ton of studios and teams they should be able to get at least 4 games per year.

As an example, one from Activision Blizzard, one from Bethesda, one from the traditional MGS teams and one from the other smaller "recent" acquisitions or 2nd party teams.

Well that happened with PlayStation for several years 🤷‍♂️
In the fantasy world populated by certain gaming flatearthers who say that Sony games don't exist maybe.

But in reality Sony has more than 4 releases per year. As an example, in this first quarter they released TLOU2 Remaster, Helldivers 2, MLB, Rise of the Ronin, Stellar Blade plus the PC port of HFW.

• brain
Reactions: The Icon

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Did you really read my comment?
Yes, you were lying saying PlayStation didn't have a AAA game per quarter (or every 3 months/4 per year) during several years.

Which is a complete lie as can be easily double checked looking at this list of Sony's first party releases and adding there their 3rd party exclusives.

And as a brief example of their output I did mention the case of the previous quarter only listing the 1st party ones, not mentioning 3rd party ones like FFVII Rebirth or Granblue Fantasy Relink.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Yes, you were lying saying PlayStation didn't have a AAA game per quarter (or every 3 months/4 per year) during several years.

Which is a complete lie as can be easily double checked looking at this list of Sony's first party releases and adding there their 3rd party exclusives.

And as a brief example of their output I did mention the case of the previous quarter only listing the 1st party ones, not mentioning 3rd party ones like FFVII Rebirth or Granblue Fantasy Relink.
Whatt? Read again? lol

It was a reply to somebody saying that was impossible lol

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I'm afraid the next one could be Ninja Theory. I don't think Microsoft is going to spend 4-5 years paying salaries for the studio to do more than make great technical feats but mediocre games that will barely move hardware and subscriptions. The only thing that could save the studio is a hypothetical port to PS5 (although not even that). I fear the same with Sony's Media Molecule.
MediaMolecule only has a few people there, I don't think it costs much to run.
A few weeks ago I did post some fiscal reports that Media Molecule makes for their goverment which show they have been profitable every single year since the early PS3 days.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Jim Ryan

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Whatt? Read again? lol

It was a reply to somebody saying that was impossible lol
This is the conversation I replied:
  1. Gediminas: no more 1 AAA game every 3 months how they dreamt? :D
  2. Infinity: A triple A game every quarter was never going to happen. Pure delusion.
  3. ethomaz: Well that happened with PlayStation for several years 🤷‍♂️
  4. my reply

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
This is the conversation I replied:
  1. Gediminas: no more 1 AAA game every 3 months how they dreamt? :D
  2. Infinity: A triple A game every quarter was never going to happen. Pure delusion.
  3. ethomaz: Well that happened with PlayStation for several years 🤷‍♂️
  4. my reply
you understood ethomaz wrongly. he said, that playstation managed to do it, 4 AAA games a year for several years :)

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: ethomaz

Swolf712

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Wisconsin, USA
Man, can you imagine what Xbox would have done to Square by now if the fanboys had gotten their way & they bought them? Especially with that string of underperforming games recently?

Reactions: Bo_Hazem