Bungie Helps Sony Vet Live Service Games with a Rigorous Test

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023

It's possible that whatever Deviation's game was, it failed this test. Makes me feel slightly better about these live service games Sony want. Maybe they won't just be a bunch of 60s rated garbage thrown at the wall to see what sticks.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com

It's possible that whatever Deviation's game was, it failed this test. Makes me feel slightly better about these live service games Sony want. Maybe they won't just be a bunch of 60s rated garbage thrown at the wall to see what sticks.

I know that they are definitely helping with Helldivers 2 in some way... monetization probably.

Makes sense to let Bungie test the games out, put them through their paces and see if they are sustainable in terms of gameplay, content and updates etc.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
… I don’t like it.

And to an extent I think Bungie will swallow these studios in some form if results are middling.

They also need to launch another game themselves…

• sad
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
After the amateur Halo effort, rigorous input from industry vets is critical

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022

And this is why Sony acquired them, first and foremost. They bring unvaluable expertise, more than exclusive releases. This is what Microsoft does not understand - Better than acquiring the market willy nilly, you should look at gaps in your own product and try to fill them in according to your strategy.

We all know Xbox has the gamepass + cloud strategy, but stuff like ABK and Bethesda were clearly attempts at taking IP from the competition over strengthening their shortcomings. Add to that their shit corporate culture and you get a shitshow.

Glad to see Sony having a sort of litmus test for their GaaS offerings so that quality is up to snuff.

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Good to hear, Factions has the potential to be a mega hit thanks to Bungie's expertise. Imagine a day z survival like game with naughty dog level graphics and co op missions like destiny. If it's anything less than that I will be dissapointed.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
And this is why Sony acquired them, first and foremost. They bring unvaluable expertise, more than exclusive releases. This is what Microsoft does not understand - Better than acquiring the market willy nilly, you should look at gaps in your own product and try to fill them in according to your strategy.

We all know Xbox has the gamepass + cloud strategy, but stuff like ABK and Bethesda were clearly attempts at taking IP from the competition over strengthening their shortcomings. Add to that their shit corporate culture and you get a shitshow.

Glad to see Sony having a sort of litmus test for their GaaS offerings so that quality is up to snuff.
The problem is microsoft has nothing except gaps in their product

Reactions: Edmund