Bungie teases Lightfall, reveal 8/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
24 Jun 2022
That site looks like it's pulling numbers out of its ass.

It has Roblox at 250k daily players. The real number is 50ish million. So they missed by 200x lmao

I highly, HIGHLY doubt Roblox has 50 million daily players tbh, if that's supposed to be unique players. Actually, I'm curious how these trackers or even the companies themselves measure "daily players". Do they mean unique player accounts or just play sessions even if they're from the same account logging on and off throughout the day?

Starting to think it's a mix of both, how they measure daily player count and also lifetime player count. But the way companies market their player count numbers don't make that clear.

Bernd Lauert

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
I highly, HIGHLY doubt Roblox has 50 million daily players tbh, if that's supposed to be unique players. Actually, I'm curious how these trackers or even the companies themselves measure "daily players". Do they mean unique player accounts or just play sessions even if they're from the same account logging on and off throughout the day?
DAU (daily active users) is a very straightforward measure, it's the amount of unique accounts that log in within a 24 hour period. The official number was 54.7m DAU in January 2022, btw. Roblox is gigantic, there's a reason why the company is worth 20+ billion dollars despite only having a single game.

OP
OP
Vertigo

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Stuff like Rocket League and Roblox are definitely absolutely massive.

Never played either. Forget they exist altogether but there it is.

They way I see it that’s where the kids go when Nintendo isn’t an option. But I’m pretty sure it’s huge on those platforms too.

I feel like the demographic for D2 is mostly 30 year olds. But I did Sherpa a 72 year old man thru Vow of the Disciple raid ( I swear to god this happened and it was a fucking honor lol )

24 Jun 2022
DAU (daily active users) is a very straightforward measure, it's the amount of unique accounts that log in within a 24 hour period. The official number was 54.7m DAU in January 2022, btw. Roblox is gigantic, there's a reason why the company is worth 20+ billion dollars despite only having a single game.

Appreciate the info. That said, I also did a bit more looking and DAU isn't necessarily clear-cut. Going off what's mentioned here.

Apparently DAU can include new and returning users, and it doesn't have to include a person actually playing a game (in the case of a game), they can just create an account or log in and it counts towards the DAU. Also worth indicating that Roblox is a F2P game so that probably cuts down on the barrier for needing to make an account for it in the first place, and different platforms have different ways of tracking and considering what's a DAU.

Still tho even if some of the number's cut out due to redundancies or accounts not actually playing, it would still be an extremely large DAU for Roblox and probably the largest for any single game, so it's impressive in that sense.

Perrott

21 Jun 2022
“Director’s cut” remake D1 and the Activision years of D2.
It would be cool if, once they wrap up the current storyline, they made a next-gen only Destiny SKU that remasters all the old D1 and D2 content and turns the entire 10 year journey of the franchise so far into a seamless, perhaps more linear and cohesive story-driven experience detached of the heavy live-service integration of the "current" game (as those games-as-a-service aspects would be better relegated to the next era/SKU of the franchise, the one to start after Final Shape) -- all of this just for lore and gameplay preservation purposes only, as it would be a shame if all those missions, assaults, planets and raids were, innevitably, forever lost due to the inclusion of newer content -- while taking advantage of the SSDs and current-gen compression techniques to make all those assets and content fit into an acceptable amount of required storage space.

• party
Reactions: Bryank75
OP
OP
Vertigo

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
There are some leaks.

But here’s something more concrete…

Fortnite/Destiny cross-over incoming. Goes both ways. Below is the Fortnite inspired armor coming to Destiny.

Epic Games Store release incoming

Last edited:
  • party

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022

Starting to think it's a mix of both, how they measure daily player count and also lifetime player count. But the way companies market their player count numbers don't make that clear.
At least in the company side (I worked in F2P GaaS games) daily players are measured as DAU, daily active users. It's the amount of unique users who played the game at least once in a specific day. If a player logs in multiple times on a day is only counted once.

There is a separate metric that is the average amount of daily gameplay sessions per player, and another one the average length of gameplay sessions. There are other metrics like ARPU (average revenue per user), ARPPU (average revenue per paid user, same as before but in a F2P only counting those who paid), average amounts of hours played, LTV (life time value, average amount of revenue generated by a player since starts to play until finally leaves/quits the game for the last time) or retention (D1, D3, D7, D15, D30, D90, D180) which is the percentage of players that continues playing after this amount of days. Meaning D1 is the percent of players who come back to play after the first day and D30 the percent of players who are still in the game after a month.

Every single company with a GaaS/F2P/online game tracks internally metrics like these and a ton other more, because they are helpful both to compare the performance of a game against other ones, areas where they have to improve, etc.

In games with DLC and microtransactions a very long retention is key because on average the more time you spend in a game the more likely is that you may end paying for a DLC or microtransaction. This last bit is key for F2P because only a very small percent of their players pay something in the game.

• brain
OP
OP
Vertigo

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
thnt99chbcj91.png

IMG_4767.png

unknown-4.png

unknown-5.png

PIRATE SHIPS LOL

Neptune
SPOILER_unknown.png

New character class

erqzosrl4cj91.png

shfsfdhsdf.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Vertigo

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
So lightfall is the last expansion yeah?

Nope. Final Shape closes out first story arc and that’s the one after. We already know development on the next one after that is happening too and that’s a new chapter.

Whether or not they do a new game, engine rebuild further etc… is something we don’t know …

Leaks continue

All the pirate stuff is for the new season that launches tomorrow. Only Lightfall stuff leaked so far is the new class, Neptune screengrab and promo art… the rest is tomorrow’s dlc release

SPOILER_gdsagdsagd.jpg

Reactions: Lord Mittens
OP
OP
Vertigo

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
No idea what I’m looking at here…
unknown.png

Mysterious new villain? Looks like Rhulk

SPOILER_unknown-529.png

Better screen of Neptune location … it’s like Cloud City from ESB

unknown.png

Jetpack Cabal?
unknown.png

Full reveal today at 12pm ET. Pirate themed season launches an hour later. Lightfall probably coming in February. We shall know later.

Other expected announcements. The Fortnite crossover. Epic Games Store release. Possible unveiling of Destiny mobile.
1661246503289272.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Vertigo

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Okay now this shit is getting crazy…

Possible raid leaks… intentionally blurred by leakers

IMG_20220823_121557.png

IMG_20220823_121629.jpg

More …

Raid Entrance?

image0.jpg

Neptune art

Papa_lazarou_cyberpunk_floating_city_in_the_clouds_of_neptune_h_459d0c3c-0b73-4e4b-a622-bf2beba8754d-2.png

unknown.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.