Bungie’s New IP Possibly Heading to Mobile Devices

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
bungie-new-ip-heading-mobile-devices-860x484.webp

via TheGamespot

In a new development, Bungie, the developer behind iconic titles like Destiny and Halo, appears to be setting its sights on mobile gaming with its new IP.

Recent job listings from the studio have sparked speculation that their next big project could extend beyond traditional consoles and PC to embrace the ever-expanding world of mobile gaming.

• haha
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I assume with their idea for the future include to chase with at least one of their multiple future games the mobile+console+PC GaaS games market as in Genshin Impact, Fortnite, Minecraft, CoD Warzone, Apex, PUBG etc. It would make sense.

They also made deal with Netease, and Sony is also interested to expand to mobile in the future too. So it makes sense that they may be exploring it, or maybe even already working on a game of this type. It could be the case of Matter, specially if it isn't a competitive game that requires quick reactions and precise controls.

Bungie were >800 people after announcing the acquisition, and now are >1500/1600. So they must be working on many different games under development and prototypes being incubated. I can see at least one of them being in this way.

Last edited:

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
NetEase deal funded marathon with most recent rumors.

Gummy bears might be for all platforms. All things considered it might be the first game Bungie makes that isn’t a shooter.

It wouldn’t be outrageous to port Destiny to switch 2 or mobile either.

Until it’s actually announced and shown I wouldn’t look too deeply into it either. They’ve “incubated” a few ideas over the years.

OP
OP
John Elden Ring

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
destiny-animated-series-scrapped-netflix-bungie-2-860x484.webp

"This is according to Forbes’ Paul Tassi, who posted a new video on his YouTube channel, discussing whether a Destiny TV project might still be in development. According to Tassi, it seems Bungie was once working on a Destiny animated series in partnership with Netflix prior to Sony’s $3.6 billion acquisition of the company in early 2022*."*

"However, it appears that despite progress made in the early stages, the project failed to materialize beyond the scripting phase."

"I heard a long time ago that there was a Destiny Netflix show being tossed around, like an animated one,” said Tassi in the YouTube video. “But, ultimately it just didn’t really come together."

“I’m not sure how far it got, I think it was in [the] scripting phase or something. This was a long time ago. I think it was before the Sony acquisition, I’m pretty sure.”

More information on the article. Would you have watched a Destiny Animated Show? 100% honest.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
destiny-animated-series-scrapped-netflix-bungie-2-860x484.webp

"This is according to Forbes’ Paul Tassi, who posted a new video on his YouTube channel, discussing whether a Destiny TV project might still be in development. According to Tassi, it seems Bungie was once working on a Destiny animated series in partnership with Netflix prior to Sony’s $3.6 billion acquisition of the company in early 2022*."*
It is fair to assume that if they had some movie/tv show stuff in early stages with someone else, they scrapped it to make it with PlayStation Studios instead. It was of public knowledge that Bungie was starting to work to adapt their IPs before the acquisition, but when acquired they mentioned Sony was going to help them with this. So maybe yes, they did change something to move it to Sony.

I thought they made it clear that it was Destiny with Netease....so what's this ridiculous thought about?
I can't remember right now, but I'd bet they never said it was a Destiny game. Maybe non-Bungie/Netease people assumed so because back then it wasn't known that Bungie was working on multiple non-Destiny IPs, and they were known as the Destiny guys.

Last edited: