Call of Duty: Vanguard Sold 30 Million Copies

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Vanguard-scaled.jpg

Call of Duty: Vanguard has been widely considered one of the worst Call of Duty games ever released by players. The game has a “mixed or average” rating on Metacritic,

But despite the lower-than-expected reception from both critics and fans, the game still sold 30 million copies worldwide. That number comes directly from Brian Hong, who was a social media strategist for Activision for the game.

Despite the 30 million copies that were allegedly sold, Activision says that Call of Duty: Vanguard didn’t meet expectations. At the time in May 2022, the company said that it was due to a lack of innovation with the game as well as the World War II setting it had

via Insider Gaming

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I believe most CoD sold more than 30 million.
The question is how it is in a list of best selling CoD? If it is in the lower end of the list then yes... it is bad.

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
How accurate is that? Because it oooks like VGCharts guesstimates,
The source is not indicated on the statista site, so I don't know if it's based on vgchartz or something else.

For example blackops and mw3 on vgchartz are 30.00 million
here it's 30.99 and 30.97

And blackops 2 on vgchartz is 31 million
here it's 29.59

• Informative
Reactions: ethomaz

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
So a single CoD release sells less than one entry of a game like Spider-man, GoW and Uncharterd, TLoU, etc, on just PlayStation. So much for that narrative that exclusive don't matter.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
The source is not indicated on the statista site, so I don't know if it's based on vgchartz or something else.

For example blackops and mw3 on vgchartz are 30.00 million
here it's 30.99 and 30.97

And blackops 2 on vgchartz is 31 million
here it's 29.59
I have my doubts about these data or they are outdated…

MW 2019 sold over 30 million in less than a year… it should be way higher than that today.