Cancelled Crash Bandicoot 5 was a Spyro Crossover

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
GVyj269XoAA5Ol0

The Crash developed by Toys for Bob that was cancelled was a crossover with Spyro, in which both were going to be playable characters.

The game was cancelled because they didn't consider “Crash 4” a success, despite having sold +5 million...

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
FFS a world where 5+ mil isn't enough. And not because of budgets or profit, but because it didn't make more than COD. Welcome to Xbox ABK.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Kokoloko

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Wow! That's a real bummer. 5+ million not enough to warrant a follow up game, madness.

Oh what could have been.

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
This shows how out of touch Activision was. 5+ Million is great especially for a non Nintendo platformer. I don’t even know if Astro Bot will sell that much.

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022
This shows how out of touch Activision was. 5+ Million is great especially for a non Nintendo platformer. I don’t even know if Astro Bot will sell that much.
No. Independent Activision would have gone ahead with this.

This is 100% Microsoft's decision.

Reactions: Gediminas

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
They're wasting the IP because why wouldn't you do this? Previous releases were a welcomed change of pace. Nintendo can't be the only one making platformers.

reziel

Banned
12 Jun 2023
FFS a world where 5+ mil isn't enough. And not because of budgets or profit, but because it didn't make more than COD. Welcome to Xbox ABK.
Meanwhile over in Japan something sells 1 million and people are jumping for joy. The wests gaming industry is fuqqed. They should take a note on how to budget games to get a higher profit return.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Meanwhile over in Japan something sells 1 million and people are jumping for joy. The wests gaming industry is fuqqed. They should take a note on how to budget games to get a higher profit return.

True although for Nintendo its about to change

Reactions: reziel

reziel

Banned
12 Jun 2023
True although for Nintendo its about to change

Kinda feel like they'll be in for a really rude awakening once they realize $70.00 for games they barely put any effort into isn't going to make them money. Most of their main titles barely have any audio or animations there's no reason or justification for them to do that. I mean I get that Mario and Zelda sell but the rest not so much.

• they're_right_you_know

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Kinda feel like they'll be in for a really rude awakening once they realize $70.00 for games they barely put any effort into isn't going to make them money. Most of their main titles barely have any audio or animations there's no reason or justification for them to do that. I mean I get that Mario and Zelda sell but the rest not so much.

Its gonna be a very different generation for Nintendo I think. They normally dont do well after a succesful generation.
And this time, they are finally moving away from Wii U power, which wasnt too far away from its previous gen compared to PS3-PS4or PS2 to PS3 etc

The also are gonna be able to use the whole bunch of WII U, Wii games they used for years and launch.
Its gonna be a bunch of new game developing and like the Wii, Wii U, they will be judged eventually if they are gonna use low powered games.

Luckily they make a whole bunch of profit, if they are smart and making lots and lots of games, then they can be succesful. Switch level, Im not sure