Capcom Announced Path of the Goddess. Coming Day One to Game Pass | Xbox Showcase 2023

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
FyW-GA5aUAAFYfd

A new tale of the Kami awaits. Witness an epic clash between the sprit realm and mortal man, featuring traditional Japanese aesthetics.

• Informative
Reactions: Johnic

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
EDIT: Oh the Xbox showcase is not. Good work posting stuff so I don't have to look it up.

Yup, looks like gamepass fodder.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
According to the leaked Capcom roadmap, they were supposed to be announce or release a new Onimusha around this time. I'd bet the game changed too much and evolved into this, becoming a new IP.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Zzero

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
According to the leaked Capcom roadmap, they were supposed to be announce or release a new Onimusha around this time. I'd bet the game changed too much and evolved into this, becoming a new IP.

I think this is a good assumption. This game very much seems like “how do we a do modern onimusha?”

This caught my eye. There were some great multi platform reveals at that show.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I think this is a good assumption. This game very much seems like “how do we a do modern onimusha?”

This caught my eye. There were some great multi platform reveals at that show.
Yep, I assume they tried to reboot Onimusha but at some point they saw they were something too different, but too cool to stop moving into this direction, so they decided to turn it into a new IP instead.