Capcom Co., Ltd. (Capcom) today announced that worldwide sales of Resident Evil Village surpassed 10 million*1 units in the three years since its 2021

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
GPxzdCBaYAAxxJ1

Capcom Co., Ltd. (Capcom) today announced that worldwide sales of Resident Evil Village surpassed 10 million*1 units in the three years since its 2021 release, making it the fastest title in the series to hit this milestone.

Resident Evil Village is the sequel to the lauded Resident Evil 7 biohazard, which was launched in 2017, and features a variety of horror experiences, a greater degree of action, and even more expansive, highly-engaging gameplay.

• party
Reactions: 2spooky5me

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Shame it sold so much. It'll just give Capcom an incentive to go down the same, shitty action route as before. It's RE4/5 all over again. At least RE2 remake sold more.

• they're_right_you_know

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Shame it sold so much. It'll just give Capcom an incentive to go down the same, shitty action route as before. It's RE4/5 all over again. At least RE2 remake sold more.
I did not play it yet because I was waiting PSVR2 but as I did not buy it still the wait continue :D

But Resident Evil 7 was the best thing to happen to the franchise since the original RE.

• Shake

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I’ve yet to play RE8 but I bought it last year on sale. Good to see Resident Evil continue to stay relevant and at the top of the heap. I seen the divisive criticisms but I’ve been okay with how they vary from game to game with survival to action and back again (re5 still sucks tho).

RE7 was absolutely fantastic and despite being first person was a return to form to classic Resident Evil. Even more impressive being a Japanese game with stellar first person combat and controls.

• Shake

toucandela

24 Sep 2022
mishmash.games
Speaking as someone who owns Village and RE4R on macOS, it pains me a little to see ‘PC’ instead of WIN/MAC. By the end of this year 4 of those games will be on macOS and iOS. Capcom going after all the platforms. Interesting to see the shift over time.

Regardless, thanks for the data.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Speaking as someone who owns Village and RE4R on macOS, it pains me a little to see ‘PC’ instead of WIN/MAC. By the end of this year 4 of those games will be on macOS and iOS. Capcom going after all the platforms. Interesting to see the shift over time.

I'm not sure if Capcom put MAC together with PC.
Because Platinum list only counts versions with over 1 million sales.
So maybe REmake4 Mac is below 1 million yet.

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
Capcom going back to Resident Evil 4's design has expanded the franchise by a lot. RE8 which was influnced by RE4 is now the fastest selling mainline RE title and RE4 Remake is the fastest selling remake (Also the fastest selling RE title overall.) in the franchise is telling.

Last edited:

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023

i think Personal Computer serves for both operating systems

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
it's so funny how xbots say Horizon Forbidden West selling 9M copies in 1 year only on PS4/PS5 is a flop, but they celebrate Resident Evil game sales, games that are avaliable even on iPhones and have similar sales to PlayStation only exclusives

• they're_right_you_know

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
it's so funny how xbots say Horizon Forbidden West selling 9M copies in 1 year only on PS4/PS5 is a flop, but they celebrate Resident Evil game sales, games that are avaliable even on iPhones and have similar sales to PlayStation only exclusives
You're arguing with yourself.