Capcom ending content support for Exoprimal

26 Nov 2023
Thank you for playing Exoprimal.

With the release of Title Update 4, all planned Exoprimal seasonal content has been finished.
Announcement

Exoprimal launched on the 14 of July 2023 on PS4, PS5, PC and Xbox but also launched day and date on Gamepass. As a reminder they also posted that 1 million players played the game:

Player numbers where most of the numbers come from a subscription service aren't really all that indicative of a game's success it seems.

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
Announcement

Exoprimal launched on the 14 of July 2023 on PS4, PS5, PC and Xbox but also launched day and date on Gamepass. As a reminder they also posted that 1 million players played the game:

Player numbers where most of the numbers come from a subscription service aren't really all that indicative of a game's success it seems.

I like how when ppl talk about capcom. Is the goat and other ppl should learn from capcom they don't want to talk about exoprimal.

Reactions: samoth

Jivesh1995

20 Jun 2023
South Africa
brotaku.net
Made for Game Pass kind of game tbh

I still find it funny how Xbots used that 1 million playercount to try and say that the game was a success despite the game not charting high on PSN or Steam. Plus, in Japan it only sold around 3k copies on PS5, PS4 didn't make top 30.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
I will never understand the arrogance of game developers/designers into thinking THEIR run of the mill shooter is special and will bring something to the table.

That money should have been spent in a single player game. Capcom always has these massive flops when they work on multiplayer games no one asked.

Reactions: Kokoloko

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
This game was AWESOME

wish more people gave it as try, most unique pvp game ever, and the 8 player raids were sick! worth the full price. clearing out 2 thousand dinos in 2 minutes was insane lol

Edit: clearly none of you gave this game a fair chance, imagine writing every game off because it's multiplayer... couldn't be me. I'd eat up a capcom pvp game any day, Lost Planet is one of the best multiplayer games oat and i want them to do more multiplayer.

Last edited:

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
I will never understand the arrogance of game developers/designers into thinking THEIR run of the mill shooter is special and will bring something to the table.

That money should have been spent in a single player game. Capcom always has these massive flops when they work on multiplayer games no one asked.
this game is far from run of the mill... it was very unique, a pvp game that had story progression that unlocked new missions/boss fights/raids as you go

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
If they actually wanted some sales and wanted people to buy it then they wouldn't have taken the gamepass deal, I refuse to buy games that go on gamepass day 1 and most people in my friend circle are the same. Kunitsu gami is the same - another flop incoming lol

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

They could of made a SP Dino Crisis remake (Doesnt need as much work as a new sequel) and they could of added in a MP mode down the road if they really had to lol

Reactions: arvfab

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
This game was AWESOME

wish more people gave it as try, most unique pvp game ever, and the 8 player raids were sick! worth the full price. clearing out 2 thousand dinos in 2 minutes was insane lol

Edit: clearly none of you gave this game a fair chance, imagine writing every game off because it's multiplayer... couldn't be me. I'd eat up a capcom pvp game any day, Lost Planet is one of the best multiplayer games oat and i want them to do more multiplayer.
Your postis the first positive thing Ive read about it.
Your right about writing it off, but I didnt write it off because its a MP game, but because of the bad reviews, which i guess also isnt a good enough reason. Theres plenty of games Ive enjoyed that were reviewed bad/average.
If there was a demo Id try it out based on your praise.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
This game was AWESOME

Capcom's new IPs seem to be trying "too hard" to come up with a "unique and interesting" gameplay loop/twists.
Exoprimal wasn't a straight PvP game, nor was it really a totally PvE horde game.
Kunitsu-Gami: Path of the Goddess(their upcoming game this month) is also a tower defense hybrid game mashup.
The game is pure 2000s Capcom but most people I talk to were like "I don't understand anything."

Somebody gotta tell some of these creatives at Capcom that it okay to keep it simple.
Folks are checking out before even fully understanding what those two games are about and that's a problem.

This is just like the elevator pitch when talking to execs.
You gotta convince potential players that your game is cool and that they might dig it in under a minute.
If they don't even understand what your game is about in that amount of time, you're already failing at attracting casuals.

Capcom has been doing mega revenue with their key franchise pillars but it seems that they new IPs(since they haven't done one since like 2011 or 2012 IIRC) is something they're seemingly having issues with currently.

Reminder that Pragmata has been indefinitely delayed as well.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Somebody gotta tell some of these creatives at Capcom that it okay to keep it simple.
Im fine with that but people/reviewers will say there isnt anything new like they did with Rise of Ronin, “it brings nothing new to open world games”

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Im fine with that but people/reviewers will say there isnt anything new like they did with Rise of Ronin, “it brings nothing new to open world games”
Exactly. This was a very unique, fun multiplayer game with a very great progression system that encouraged you try new things. I loved it and ended up beating it twice.

No matter what people say this game was a great idea and wonderfully made. I guarantee everyone in this thread criticizing it haven't even played it, they saw gaas multiplayer gamepass and decided to trash it.

Also tired of forums pretending anyone ever gave a fuck about Dino Crisis. People beg for NEW IP but want the dinosaur knockoff of resident evil instead?