Capcom ending content support for Exoprimal

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
This game was AWESOME

wish more people gave it as try, most unique pvp game ever, and the 8 player raids were sick! worth the full price. clearing out 2 thousand dinos in 2 minutes was insane lol

Edit: clearly none of you gave this game a fair chance, imagine writing every game off because it's multiplayer... couldn't be me. I'd eat up a capcom pvp game any day, Lost Planet is one of the best multiplayer games oat and i want them to do more multiplayer.
It can be true but I will never know because the game was not appealing enough to even try it.

Everything on this game put me out since the first time I saw it… I don’t even like these Gozilla mecha animals lol

BTW being day one on Gamepass just killed any chance of this game success.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Im fine with that but people/reviewers will say there isnt anything new like they did with Rise of Ronin, “it brings nothing new to open world games”

You don't need that if you can have a polished version of the usual within the genre.
Ultimately Exoprimal was a costly gamble that didn't pan out for them(per the Capcom leak, budget was not small.)
Back to the drawing board.

Honestly Capcom seems to be stuggling with making multiplayer games that aren't Street Fighter and/or MH that people want to play.

Exactly. This was a very unique, fun multiplayer game with a very great progression system that encouraged you try new things. I loved it and ended up beating it twice.

No matter what people say this game was a great idea and wonderfully made. I guarantee everyone in this thread criticizing it haven't even played it, they saw gaas multiplayer gamepass and decided to trash it.

But there's always going to be people who trash GaaS game in the online discourse, that's just par for the course.
What the game didn't have was enough initial appeal for those that DO want to spend money and time in a GaaS game(and that's a shitload of people if we're looking at the overall gaming market)

Also tired of forums pretending anyone ever gave a fuck about Dino Crisis. People beg for NEW IP but want the dinosaur knockoff of resident evil instead?

Forums skew older, and older people love their remakes and old IPs. It's not too surprising.

Also, since Dino Crisis is pretty much RE but with dinosaur and with Resident Evil modern games selling a huge amount of copies even though they're releasing those games every couple of years.
Is it such a surprise that Capcom fans in the west are telling Capcom via surveys that they they would be willing to spend that cash to have more of the same but in a different setting?

It would also probably be quite "easy"(as easy as anything is when it comes to game development) to make since it is so similar to RE in essence. Especially with the current crop of talent with vast experience making and remaking those exact type of games in the last few years. Instituional knowledge is extremely important is faciliating a smooth and relatively brisk development cycle on a project.

Speaking more broadly, Capcom is one of the Japanese publishers which indicated some difficulty in acquiring as many new hires as they would want to continue their growth.
Meaning any project that doesn't hit is a tremendous opportunity loss for them.
They've got a bunch of dormant IPs that quite possibly would be decent financial return if the scope/budget and the expectations are calculated correctly.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
:sick::sick: wish folks were more ok with things remaining in thee past but you're rights that's reality. nostalgia is too powerful
Its not just about nostalgia, if the game is good its good. Plenty of old series have great modern games.
Dino Crisis makes sense, RE engine would do it will

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Putting your title on gamepass signals you don't have faith in its quality. Sounds like most gamers thought the same, and those million who played it dropped it quickly.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Your postis the first positive thing Ive read about it.
Your right about writing it off, but I didnt write it off because its a MP game, but because of the bad reviews, which i guess also isnt a good enough reason. Theres plenty of games Ive enjoyed that were reviewed bad/average.
If there was a demo Id try it out based on your praise.
It’s so sick. The game magically knows your progression and gives you new missions the more you play, more boss fight, raids, and maps. There were while missions I didn’t do until like 30 hours later. The PvP is a cool race to the end, but it’s cool because in the end it goes from pve dinofest to PvP action. You can even use dinosaurs to fight the enemy, which is deadly if well timed.

All the classes were also cool, and you needed to balance your team out if you really want to win. I loved the announcer dramatically announcing “SPAWNING A CARNOTAURUS” and then a giant dino comes to wreck your party 🤣

The raids are cool because they come randomly, you think you’re gonna do another PvP but then suddenly you realize all 10 players need to cooperate in order to deal with (quite literally) thousands of dinosaurs swarming you. I highly recommend this game, there is nothing remotely like it.

Always remember review indicate HYPE most of the time, if the hype and energy isn’t there, it’s easy to dismiss some titles, and they score lower than they should.

Last edited:

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Problem is that they just want to copy paste all the other GaaS garbage out there when they have great multiplayer potential in their ips. They could develop a GaaS hit by bringing a new RE outbreak and they have Monster Hunter that they can advance.

Reactions: Johnic

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022

It can be a good game. There were plenty of impressions of players enjoying it.

But everything else about it was a marketing disaster. They read the room wrong with everything, from the title of the game, to the dinobot slaying, to art direction … everything was rejected by players.

Take this game’s ideas and gameplay gimmicks and throw the Lost Planet IP on it and I think it would get more heads to turn (yes I know lost planet wasn’t huge either). I just don’t think the neon Dino slaying was the right call.

Last edited:

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Thankfully it has a whole single-player offline campaign for once the server will be put offline (probably sooner more than later)..... Oh wait

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
Also tired of forums pretending anyone ever gave a fuck about Dino Crisis. People beg for NEW IP but want the dinosaur knockoff of resident evil instead?

I liked the story of DC, liked the more action-y 3PCamera and combo scoring mechanics of 2 even better. This should have been the RE4/6 buffed out action mechanics control scheme. Where falling onto your back and shooting in the air like in RE6 might have saved you from a raptor's leaping attack.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
I would also doubt the potential of a Dino Crisis reboot in some form but look what Jurassic Park is still doing. There’s definitely something there but I don’t think Exoprimal did it.

Dino Crisis and Onimusha did feel like RE spin offs into different genres but I don’t think either should resemble modern RE if capcom does bring them back.

Wing84

7 Feb 2024
I'm surprised they didn't go Free2Play before ceasing support. I guess its lack of visual appeal and Helldivers 2's success did a number on the game. The MP focused gaming market is brutally competitive. Hopefully the industry goes back in time to start putting MP game modes in their SP games to bring in that MP cash while also realizing that chasing bleeding edge visuals is bad for profits.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
I'm surprised they didn't go Free2Play before ceasing support. I guess its lack of visual appeal and Helldivers 2's success did a number on the game. The MP focused gaming market is brutally competitive. Hopefully the industry goes back in time to start putting MP game modes in their SP games to bring in that MP cash while also realizing that chasing bleeding edge visuals is bad for profits.

They were hugely dependent on full lobbies for the endgame gimmicks with the surprise random quests Voke mentioned above. F2P and ps plus freebie should’ve been a Hail Mary plays but instead they ceased support.

Wing84

7 Feb 2024
They were hugely dependent on full lobbies for the endgame gimmicks with the surprise random quests Voke mentioned above. F2P and ps plus freebie should’ve been a Hail Mary plays but instead they ceased support.
I honestly don't understand the business decisions being made by a lot of videogame executives these days. It's like they're all willing to burn through literally billions of dollars via producing multiple high-risk games in hopes that one will make billions. Meanwhile, ignoring the fact that they can focus on quality and consistency to make sure the cash keeps flowing.

Ugh. I blame the whole infinite growth thing of publicly traded companies, Microsoft's "horse armor" initiative and the cellphone gaming market.