Capcom is currently gauging interest in new games and remakes for multiple franchises, including a bunch of dormant IPs.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I have multiple suggestions

Dino Crisis
Dino Crisis
Dino Crisis
Dino Crisis
Dino Crisis
Dino Crisis
Dino Crisis

and

Dino Crisis

Video Game Glitch GIF by Polygon1993

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
No bigger dormant IP than Mega Man. The IP with the biggest shock value potential is Mega Man.

The IP should be revived as a AAAA game - yes that's an extra A. Genre: Third-Person Shooter. Serious story (aka an amended origins story), serious mature characters, non-cartoony graphics etc.

Vanquish should be the template for core buster gameplay. Vanquish also provides a great working template for character movement - specially the slide mechanic (a mega man signature move - exquisitely done in Vanquish 🤌👌), and the time slow mechanic. All the game would need to add as far as character movement is concerned, specially for the X series (best series), is a jump booster mechanic that is instant. Vanquish also provides a ton of great ideas on enemy encounter design as well as working concepts for robotic weakpoints, armor destructibility, robotic enemy variety, ordinance variety (missiles, rockets, lasers, bullets, plasma blasts, beams etc etc).

If you're doing an origin story (truncating 1-6 into a trilogy or into 2 games) there are plenty of examples of how to do Rush as a companion - look no further than God of War, Nier Automata etc and how companions are handled there.

Boss fights are simple: Soulify them a bit (just a bit) using Mega Man's signature themetic boss fights + a touch of Vanquish ideas for robotic metamorphosis. I.e Romanov D = Tunnel Rhino - of course just needs to be bigger, more aggressive, a couple extra attacks. This is where monetization and DLC expansions can be built upon and iterated upon.

I much prefer that they start at the X series and work their way back, say 2 games for X (1-3), and then 2 games for origin Mega Man (1-6), with the X series providing the flashbacks, story clues, and hints to set up the original (a "what came before X" curiosity, tease and set up). The story of the X series is stronger for a mature title, richer in drama and simpler with no Rush as companion - so that's one less gameplay system to burden the team on the first game.

It needs to happen before I close my eyes.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
No bigger dormant IP than Mega Man.

The IP should be revived as a AAAA - yes that's an extra A, third person shooter.

Vanquish should be the template for core buster gameplay. Character movement is also a great working template - specially the slide mechanic, and time slow mechanic. All the game needs, specially for the X series is a jump booster mechanic, that is instant. Vanquish also provides a ton of great basic ideas on enemy encounter design as well as working concepts of robotic weakpoints, armor destructibility, robotic enemy variety, ordinance variety (missiles, rockets, lasers, bullets, plasma blasts etc etc).

Fond memories growing up of playing Mega Man as well as Strider.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
No bigger dormant IP than Mega Man.

The IP should be revived as a AAAA - yes that's an extra A, third person shooter.

Vanquish should be the template for core buster gameplay. Character movement is also a great working template - specially the slide mechanic, and time slow mechanic. All the game needs, specially for the X series is a jump booster mechanic, that is instant. Vanquish also provides a ton of great basic ideas on enemy encounter design as well as working concepts of robotic weakpoints, armor destructibility, robotic enemy variety, ordinance variety (missiles, rockets, lasers, bullets, plasma blasts etc etc).

Colin Moriartys incognito account identified. :unsure:

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
I can't imagine them doing another vs Marvel, the last one was a spectacular bomb, MCU love is dwindling, and SNK has been putting out good work for a few years. The time could not be more ripe for the return of Capcom vs SNK

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I can't imagine them doing another vs Marvel, the last one was a spectacular bomb, MCU love is dwindling, and SNK has been putting out good work for a few years. The time could not be more ripe for the return of Capcom vs SNK
OH man SNK fighters are also great, alot of Nostalgia there for me.

• Shake
Reactions: Nym

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
As they already remade most of RE games that needed remake, I think they could move on to Dino Crisis, but I do believe they will do Onimusha instead in a "Soul's" form ( which is something I am not a fan of).

Also, Devil May Cry 6 might be coming as Dragon's Dogma is releasing soon and it is the same development team.

Breath of Fire is less likely

Megaman is likely to happen

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I asked for highly changed and updated remakes of Onimusha and Dino Crisis, and as sequels Final Fight 4, Darkstalkers 4, Mega Man 12, new Rival Schools and Lost Planet 4 (going back to the roots of the first Lost Planet).

Also asked for more frequent releases of gameplay rebalance updates and costumes for Street Fighter 6, and to allow players to create custom tournaments with private hubs.

I also suggested them to highly improve the MH Wilds visuals in PS6 because it doesn't look as high end tech wise as MH World did when released.

And also asked them to sell the company to Sony.

I didn't ask about Devil May Cry 6 because I assume they'll make it after Dragon's Dogma 2.

• fire
Reactions: Bryank75

Snes nes

Banned
4 Aug 2023
Megaman darkstalkers or cvs revival would be fun. Mvc uh well I kinda always wondered what even made those games special in the first place they just have classic fighting game syndrome. Guess you could just put the marvel characters in anything and its all of a sudden beloved.