CAPCOM Q2 FY3/2024 Financial Results (July - September) 5.45M for RE4 Remake & 150M units sold for the RE franchise

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
  • Monster Hunter Rise : 13.68 million (+480k)
  • Reisdent Evil 2 Remake : 13.13 million (+530k)
  • Resident Evil 3 Remake : 8.04 million (+440k)
  • Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak : 6.54 million (+440k)
  • Resident Evil 4 Remake : 5.45 million (+550k)
  • Monster Hunter Now : 5 million
  • Street Fighter 6 : 2.47 million (+570k)
  • MegaMan Battle Network Legacy Collection Vol. 1&2 : 1.42 million
nsttO8L.png

37X2iJh.png

CNJOxOx.png

F9WiXt8XAAEj1vk

Reactions: Diah
OP
OP
Evilms

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
That's low for RE4. A shame, it's a great game.
The game is only 7 months old, so 5.45 million is still better than the other remakes.

Resident Evil 2 Remake : 5 million mark in ~11 months
Resident Evil 3 Remake : 5 million in ~22 months
Resident Evil 4 Remake : 5 million in ~7 months

Resident Evil VII : 5 million in ~14 months
Resident Evil Village : 5 million in ~6 months

Reactions: Diah and ForzaJuve

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
No breakdown by platform, yet they used to offer that in past reports.

My guess is that PC isn't quite living up to expectations. 50% my ass... enjoy getting pirated.

Very high quality catalog of games though.

Dragons Dogma 2 looks insane and I really need a new MH World game for PS5.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022

My guess is that PC isn't quite living up to expectations. 50% my ass... enjoy getting pirated.

I’d bet it’s Xbox that severely underperformed tbh. I’m guessing less than 12% sold to Xbox players.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Diah and Bryank75

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023

It sells a lot on PC when it has a 90% discount, PC players do buy games but not at full price.

Last edited:

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I’d bet it’s Xbox that severely underperformed tbh. I’m guessing less than 12% sold to Xbox players.

No doubt...and that Exoprimal must have bombed hard too, made it highly dependent on Gamepass. Even though it was one of their few games that didn't look good at all.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
No doubt...and that Exoprimal must have bombed hard too, made it highly dependent on Gamepass. Even though it was one of their few games that didn't look good at all.

Exoprimal definitely bombed. Even with gamespass that probably actually helped it more than it hurt other console’s sales of the game. Don’t know what they were thinking with that one… everything about it looked terrible. I know there were some who were enjoyeing it … but a) don’t trust their bullshit and b) it died in 3 weeks. Like legitimately…

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Exoprimal definitely bombed. Even with gamespass that probably actually helped it more than it hurt other console’s sales of the game. Don’t know what they were thinking with that one… everything about it looked terrible. I know there were some who were enjoying it … but a) don’t trust their bullshit and b) it died in 3 weeks. Like legitimately…

Yeah and that's what I'm afraid of for PlayStation... a load of studios that have been built to make single player bangers but then forced to make GAAS disposable, forgettable stuff.

I just see parallels there. Both companies are at their best focusing on single player AAA IMO.

Umar

Veteran
20 Jun 2022
PSN ID
Progamer265446
Good numbers for Re4 remake but I dont see the usual suspects who were downplaying Ragnarok's sales numbers(which did those numbers in 5 days) downplaying this especially since it was on 4 platforms and install base of over 300 million

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Good numbers for Re4 remake but I dont see the usual suspects who were downplaying Ragnarok's sales numbers(which did those numbers in 5 days) downplaying this especially since it was on 4 platforms and install base of over 300 million

Ragnarok was a behemoth, they all know it. They just don't want to acknowledge it cause it would hurt their pride.

Looking forward to seeing SM2 full numbers with digital included.

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022

They really
  • Monster Hunter Rise : 13.68 million (+480k)
  • Reisdent Evil 2 Remake : 13.13 million (+530k)
  • Resident Evil 3 Remake : 8.04 million (+440k)
  • Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak : 6.54 million (+440k)
  • Resident Evil 4 Remake : 5.45 million (+550k)
  • Monster Hunter Now : 5 million
  • Street Fighter 6 : 2.47 million (+570k)
  • MegaMan Battle Network Legacy Collection Vol. 1&2 : 1.42 million
nsttO8L.png

37X2iJh.png

CNJOxOx.png

F9WiXt8XAAEj1vk

they really need to drop some new ip. Capcom leans too hard on res, street fight and mh. Pragmata better not become another deep down

Reactions: Diah
OP
OP
Evilms

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
They really

they really need to drop some new ip. Capcom leans too hard on res, street fight and mh. Pragmata better not become another deep down

Clear
and yet they have other ip's

dino crisis
onimusha
okami
dead rising
dragon's dogma
lost planet
ghosts'n goblins
marvel vs. capcom

Reactions: shrike0fth0rns

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
2.4 mil for SF 6 seems low asf to me. People were talking shit when it was exclusive to PS and not selling too hot but this isnt a good uptick.

Reactions: Diah and PS_ROCKS
OP
OP
Evilms

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
2.4 mil for SF 6 seems low asf to me. People were talking shit when it was exclusive to PS and not selling too hot but this isnt a good uptick.

• Street Fighter IV : reached 2.5 millions in < 2 months
  • Street Fighter V : approching 2.5 million in ~22 months
  • Street Fighter 6 : ~2.5 millions in 4 months

It's a good performance.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
That's low for RE4. A shame, it's a great game.
That remake, released after many ports and remasters of the original game, sold 5.5M in half a year. That's great sales, it already is the 14th best selling Capcom project ever.

There's only 6 RE projects that sold more in their whole lifetime during years (not only in half a year).

Still not updated, continues being "as of June 30, 2023". That page gets updated every quarter a handful days after publishing the report. In 2-3 days will be updated "as of September 30, 2023".

They released Exoprimal and are working on Pragmata and Kunitsu-Gami: Path of the Goddess.

And well, Capcom also has other IPs as Devil May Cry, Mega Man or Ace Attorney plus legacy ones like Marvel vs Capcom, Dead Rising, Onimusha, Ghost & Goblins, Final Fight etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diah and Evilms

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
  • Street Fighter IV : reached 2.5 millions in < 2 months
  • Street Fighter V : approching 2.5 million in ~22 months
  • Street Fighter 6 : ~2.5 millions in 4 months

It's a good performance.
Oh I know it's past performance. Just probably looking through my SF2 lens when fighting games were selling machines.

BTW SF6 won't have long legs so to me it doesn't matter it achieved it in 4 months as opposed to others in 22 months. In the end it won't budge much imo which is why 2.5 seems low to me.

Last edited: