Capcom says it will decline an offer even if Microsoft makes an acquisition proposal

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023

We saw Microsoft acquiring Activision. There's been some whispers in the industry about some more deals. What is Capcom's thinking when it comes to M&A? Is there anything in the works?
I think there have been many M&A talks in the game industry. There was once a time we were a target, but rather than acquiring an outside company, we prefer organic growth. It is important to train and develop human resources in-house in order to carry out growth strategies. I also believe we can utilize external partners, but we have no intention of acquiring companies.

What if Microsoft comes to you and says, "We're interested in buying you out". Would you entertain that?
I would gracefully decline the offer because I believe it would be better if we were equal partners.

Good

Last edited:
OP
OP
Puff

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Resetera doesn't seem too happy about the news
spanish-laughing-hysterically.gif

Arc

5 Sep 2023
Capcom has been doing really well recently, there is absolutely no reason it would want a buyout.
I feel like it’s largely western companies that are all in on on this idea of being bought out, and that shareholders, short term profit, and a CEO golden parachute to the next company are all the only important things, instead of cultivating a long term success that stays true to company values and great products.

I may be romanticizing Japan a bit, but I think Capcom is every bit aware of its legacy and continued high regard in the industry, as well as building a highly successful company in the long term with a lot of great IP.

24 Jun 2022
Resetera doesn't seem too happy about the news
spanish-laughing-hysterically.gif

Took me only a second to see Vigilante Joker in there defending Microsoft and getting wet over the prospect of yet more acquisition talk in that thread. Dude is utterly pathetic.

Same with gremlinz1982, of course defending the very nature of acquisitions since I'm sure Microsoft was being negatively mentioned in the the thread (and rightfully so). I see Red Rum and their soulless avatar are in there, and of course doing a whataboutism acting as if Capcom making a small purchase is anywhere on the same scale as the destabilization Microsoft wants to do to the 3P independent free market.

Disgusting the question even had to be asked TBH.

"BULLY CAPCOM PREVENTS UNDERDOG MICROSOFT FROM COMPETING WITH PLAYSTATION"

Sad Season 2 GIF by Friends

And look at the Xbox Ambassador who locked the thread 🤣

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022