Car culture and driving [OT]

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
So, my wife got a big settlement, and we went o shop for a new vehicle for her. The dealership had exactly what she wanted, and the finance woman was such a condescending, hammer-selling bitch about the bullshit extras like paint protection that we walked out.

Imagine walking a cash sale out the door like that.

Then my wife found a Compass in the colour she wanted that was not available on this year's model, for around half of what the Grand Cherokee we almost bought costs.

KvallyX

Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
So, my wife got a big settlement, and we went o shop for a new vehicle for her. The dealership had exactly what she wanted, and the finance woman was such a condescending, hammer-selling bitch about the bullshit extras like paint protection that we walked out.

Then my wife found a Compass in the colour she wanted that was not available on this year's model, for around half of what the Grand Cherokee we almost bought costs.
Back in 2020, I went to a Jeep dealer to buy a new Jeep Cherokee. Before I went into finance, I told my sales person that he needs to go into finance and let them know ahead of time that I don't want to be asked about ANY add-ons, warranty extensions, etc. I got called in, and the lady said "I understand you want to sign off that you don't want any additional items", to which I said yes, and she had me sign a piece of paper and we moved on from there. I learned to do that from previous purchases where I was made to feel like shit for saying no to everything (but internally I felt bad saying no).

Fast forward to this year, and I went to the BMW dealer, and traded in my Jeep Cherokee. I did NOT remember to tell me sales person to let finance know I don't want to discuss extras. However, I knew that I wanted to add window tint. Anyway, when I got in to finance, she asked me if my sales person mentioned any extras. I said "no, but I don't want any besides window tint". She said no worries, and said the only other thing she was going to mention was ceramic coating, but said she won't bother asking if I want it and we moved on from there.

I know that finance get commissions on extras. And that is totally fine. BUT, they need to think about the consumer experience. A soon as NO EXTRAS is expressed by the car buyer, move on.

Sloane_Ranger

Icon Extra
3 Jul 2023

Hate the pushy finance people - so yeah screw that person.

As a Cillajet sealant user - the cost has totally been worth it, no waxing ever, and no spiderwebs - with new car shine. So don't let that finance lady turn you off on something good ;)

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
The virus is spreading.

It looks like we are trading in the Outlander for a 2021 Compass North Edition for our daughter.

I think I started something…

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
So talking about Outlander.

My Outlander is old and the fuel and maintainance fee is killing me. Want it out.

I've always want a Lexus but have to settle down for the NX because it is affordble.

But holy shit the new model look so garbage on the front, and the back

2014 350h model:
960x720_K0000679256_0019.jpg

2023 450h model:
05230438435_a4a1_o.jpg

2014 350h model:
960x720_K0000679256_0016.jpg

2023 450h model:

05230439945_f568_o.jpg

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
Like the new 2023 model look like fucking Tesla toy car that Musk made. The led strip in the back is so ugly and they also put the radiation strip also look worse by years.

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Things went a little differently than planned.

My wife got her Velvet Red Pearl 2021 Compass, but the dealership that had the 2021 North Edition Compass never got back to us, so we found a 2021 Compass Limited in black with a killer white and black leather interior that was a dealer demo passed between dealerships in the same ownership group that had never been sold.

13,000 km on the odometer, never registered until now, and now it’s mine. I’m giving my daughter my 2018 Limited and keeping the 2021.

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Today I Installed Autostop Eliminators in my Compass and my daughter's. Hers, the 2018, it was just snapping a dongle on an open and easily accessible port on the bottom edge of the dash under the light switch.

The 2021 is a wiring harness that plugs in up behind the dash next to the steering column, behind the light switch. Had to find the port I needed to disconnect the factory harness from, then had to work by feel because it was damned near impossible to get in to where I needed to work and have any view of what I was doing, but still got it in about 2 minutes.

I can now start my jeep completely without needing to remember to turn off an annoying non-feature that only. exists for automakers to game the fuel economy and emissions rules in the US.

It is good.

Last edited:

balrogboy

Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
1705511443414.png
Been wanting to buy a classic car for a while, but with a newborn on the way is really hard to justify getting one of those.
Here's the dream car that i've been looking forward to, Its a 79 Chevy Opala, Brazillian produced and one of the best looking cars ever.

• fire
Reactions: Bryank75

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
I am done and tired of my 2008 i30. It's finally breaking apart.
I never thought I will be able to afford it ... and I am not lol. I have sved likr 30-50% of a new compact car price and will credit/leasing the rest.
I want to own a new car, so probably not leasing.

Anyway - I am going to KIA tomorrow. Taking an eye at Kia Niro HEV. They only have M (lowest trim) at the showroom. Worse screens and no paddles to control breaking regenerative energy which are available in higher trims. But why not. I am not paying 5k euro more for paddles and better screen... or am I.

So yea, it's a far cry from cars in this thread but holy fuck I might own a new car :p