CDPR gets awarded for their industry-leading menstrual leave policy.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022

Menstrual leave benefit..........................

So, as a bloke, I can now identify as a woman and claim this benefit too?

Imagine going into your HR department as a guy and saying, "I am on my period, and I want to take a few days off."

HR department: " But you are a guy."

You: "That's a fucking hate crime."

HR department: " Take two weeks paid Leave Ma'am"

death star GIF

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I don't see a problem with this. I have dated women that have debilitating pain when menstruating, to the point of having to stay in bed. However, I think any leave needs to be gender neutral, simply because this type of leave will discourage employers from hiring women. So basically, if the employer provides 2 or 3 days extra a month for "menstrual leave", people that don't menstruate need to get 2 or 3 days of additional leave to make it even, even if it's just accruable sick leave.

Same for parental benefits, usually men get much less, but it should be ample time (and equal) for all genders.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I don't see a problem with this. I have dated women that have debilitating pain when menstruating, to the point of having to stay in bed. However, I think any leave needs to be gender neutral, simply because this type of leave will discourage employers from hiring women. So basically, if the employer provides 2 or 3 days extra a month for "menstrual leave", people that don't menstruate need to get 2 or 3 days of additional leave to make it even, even if it's just accruable sick leave.

Same for parental benefits, usually men get much less, but it should be ample time (and equal) for all genders.
or... men will identify as a woman.. and will get a week of holidays...
Trying Not To Laugh GIF

TigerFang

7 Mar 2024
I mean I don't mind it at all. I understand how painful it can be.

Also want there a study that if people go to work less days a week than the result is better.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Ultimately these type of policies are very minor but could be enticing to some female talent as keeping some of your current talent happier in general. I imagine this is the reasoning behind such policy.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I mean I don't mind it at all. I understand how painful it can be.

Also want there a study that if people go to work less days a week than the result is better.
Most studies so far on a 4 day work week (4 days 8 hours each with no loss of pay) show increased productivity, worker retention, happiness, etc.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Well that is not just for “menstrual” people.

IT companies are following a more flexible work schedule that allows you to not work the days you don’t want.

If I have a job that have a schedule to be done in 5 days and I do it in 3 days then I can just take the last two days as free time.

So with that in mind a lot of employees are starting to work only 4 or 3 days in week.

The most chocking thing? Performance is increasing because the employee is motivated to do it job better.

I always try to use my time to end my job of the week in 3 days to have spare time to critical urgencies or take two days in the week as day off… and it is working pretty well.

I do basically the same I did when I worked 5 days a week but with a way better optimized time now.

Reactions: TigerFang