Certain aspects of Microsoft Xbox Rewards are being shut down|UP| Microsoft killing Rewards app on Xbox next month and weekly streak task.

toadsage44

22 Jun 2022
West Virginia, USA

Another nail in the coffin for xbots. Let's see how they'll defend this one!

Update 3/20..

Microsoft is making some big changes to its Rewards program. The Microsoft Rewards App on Xbox will be discontinued in April in favor of the Rewards hub introduced last year. Sadly, this means the weekly streak task is also ending.

Over the past year, Microsoft has made a slew of cuts to the Microsoft Rewards program. We've seen it end the daily achievement task for non-Game Pass subscribers, slash the number of points you can earn across various punch cards and Xbox Game Pass Quests, and introduce search cooldowns, though the cooldown has seemingly now disappeared for a lot of users. It's probably safe to say that the program is now a shadow of its former self.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
And here I am thinking that PS stars should be built into console UI… same kind of program and I have accumulated a decent amount of coins for $20psn cards etc.

Gamepass will have them hurting for cash. Can’t be giving rewards programs to consumers who don’t buy games to begin with. Because of that they’re gonna axe rewards.

Gamepass is really the problem and what’s going to doom them (good!). They’re going to have to backpedal at some point.

EightC

11 Jul 2022
The rewards aren't going away though they are just removing the rewards app and putting the rewards into one hub instead of having to have the MS rewards app and then the rewards through main hub. They are just simplifying it all into one area. How this will change rewards who knows but they aren't going away.I imagine they will keep the rewards and points tied to gamepass like it is now. I hope they don't nerf it though I enjoy the rewards system it's really nice and I did like every two months or so earning an xbox store card to buy some BC games for my library. I have a lot of points I'll just redeem a bunch of Xbox store cards and grab a few older games just to be safe though.

OP
OP
toadsage44

toadsage44

22 Jun 2022
West Virginia, USA
The rewards aren't going away though they are just removing the rewards app and putting the rewards into one hub instead of having to have the MS rewards app and then the rewards through main hub. They are just simplifying it all into one area. How this will change rewards who knows but they aren't going away.
I'd wager that they're going to nerf point payouts when they transition to the new app. They've already been lowering the number of points you can get over the past several months, so it wouldn't surprise me.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
AdamsApple is now on suicide watch.

Korean Drama Crying GIF by Netflix K-Content

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Damn, I heard loads of Xbox fans over the years rave about how great Xbox rewards was and how they got so much for free.

Guess it's all done now. What is the spin going to be?

It's really gone in a 180 for Xbox since the ABK deal went through, the mask has really fallen off.... not that it was much of a mask for anyone with a brain.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Damn, I heard loads of Xbox fans over the years rave about how great Xbox rewards was and how they got so much for free.

Guess it's all done now. What is the spin going to be?

It's really gone in a 180 for Xbox since the ABK deal went through, the mask has really fallen off.... not that it was much of a mask for anyone with a brain.
it sounds good until you realize they spend 5-10 minutes every single day for 5 months straight just to get a $50 gift card.....no thanks.