Certain aspects of Microsoft Xbox Rewards are being shut down|UP| Microsoft killing Rewards app on Xbox next month and weekly streak task.

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
I hope Welfare Pass cranked price up to $300/year too.

Fuck poor begging people, they are entitled little bitch. Gaming is not a neccessity. Suck it up.
Rental services, whether in digital form or for physical formats have always existed and service a market and niche. There is nothing entitled about being poor. Unhinged post.

As for the topic at hand.... don't see what's the great deal about it - it will continue to exist in some form. It's a sort of loyalty program. As long as one exists why not. PlayStation's loyalty program is a big fuck you with PS Plus online paywall required for console users and not PC - just for some perspective.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Rental services, whether in digital form or for physical formats have always existed and service a market and niche. There is nothing entitled about being poor. Unhinged post.

As for the topic at hand.... don't see what's the great deal about it - it will continue to exist in some form. It's a sort of loyalty program. As long as one exists why not. PlayStation's loyalty program is a big fuck you with PS Plus online paywall required for console users and not PC - just for some perspective.
you shouldn't take everything so seriously, obviously no one is actually poor shaming. He said xbox guys are entitled, which is true since a lot just want everything to be on gamepass

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
if you want to see something sad go to the era rewards thread,ubberfanboys like klobrille and some of the usual suspects there are just rabid rewards defenders,man u shilll hard for something that you cant even pay? how many hours on rewards you need to pay fucking ten dollars? these people are the epitome of idiocy,also its sad to see people who are shilling the console for this shit,they dont care about the games they care about getting rewards,these people are cheap idiots

Reactions: Box

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
The rewards aren't going away though they are just removing the rewards app and putting the rewards into one hub instead of having to have the MS rewards app and then the rewards through main hub. They are just simplifying it all into one area. How this will change rewards who knows but they aren't going away.I imagine they will keep the rewards and points tied to gamepass like it is now. I hope they don't nerf it though I enjoy the rewards system it's really nice and I did like every two months or so earning an xbox store card to buy some BC games for my library. I have a lot of points I'll just redeem a bunch of Xbox store cards and grab a few older games just to be safe though.
is ask youy a question,and dont lie to me because i know how it works,how many hours at month you waste doing rewards? be honest

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
It is the App that is being shutdown… you can still earn the points via the Xbox tab.

But without the App it will be lost several features like the streaks and bonus… So I don’t know how it will works without the app… well qt least the amount of point will decrease.

EightC

11 Jul 2022
is ask youy a question,and dont lie to me because i know how it works,how many hours at month you waste doing rewards? be honest
Like none? they literally give you points for just playing games, buying games or opening the app. There are monthly, weekly and daily challenges and most are as simple as playing a game pass game or earning an achievements and 20 points per dollar spent I think when you buy new games. On average I earn a little around anywhere between 500-1000 points a month and that is just from playing games and buying games. I mean if you want to get hardcore into it you can and there are other ways to get points but I dunno I just get them from playing games normally and that is good enough for me I don't personally make it a habit.

I mean I get people here don't like Xbox that's fine but I like the program and it's nice every once and awhile being able to get an Xbox gift card or free game pass just for playing some games I don't see many downsides to it I'll take free stuff once and awhile. I do hope whatever is being adjusted is still decent I mean if they keep the game pass stuff that's good enough for me but who knows with some of MS decisions lately I imagine it won't be for the better. I've just been using points to grab some older BC games to add to my collection from time to time.

It is the App that is being shutdown… you can still earn the points via the Xbox tab.

But without the App it will be lost several features like the streaks and bonus… So I don’t know how it will works without the app… well qt least the amount of point will decrease.
I imagine the streak thing will probably just be tied to game pass like playing a game pass game each day. I mean the challenges are pretty much the same each month with the weekly featured games rotating out and it's almost all focused around just playing games currently for the game pass stuff. It's pretty simple earning points right now with like no effort but I do wonder if they will add like different challenges. Have you gotten the pop up saying the program is going away? I haven't and no one I know has gotten it either all there is to go by is the one guys screenshot.

Right now the challenges are.

Daily
-Play a game pass game
-Earn an achievement
-Play a game pass game on PC
-Open the app (although this is going away)

Weekly
-Complete 3 daily quests
-unlock 3 achievements in the week
-Usually one for playing the featured game pass games that week

Monthly
-Play 4 game pass games during a month
-Complete 6 daily and 4 weekly quests
-Complete 12 daily and 8 weekly
-Complete 22 daily and 12 weekly

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Like none? they literally give you points for just playing games, buying games or opening the app. There are monthly, weekly and daily challenges and most are as simple as playing a game pass game or earning an achievements and 20 points per dollar spent I think when you buy new games. On average I earn a little around anywhere between 500-1000 points a month and that is just from playing games and buying games. I mean if you want to get hardcore into it you can and there are other ways to get points but I dunno I just get them from playing games normally and that is good enough for me I don't personally make it a habit.

I mean I get people here don't like Xbox that's fine but I like the program and it's nice every once and awhile being able to get an Xbox gift card or free game pass just for playing some games I don't see many downsides to it I'll take free stuff once and awhile. I do hope whatever is being adjusted is still decent I mean if they keep the game pass stuff that's good enough for me but who knows with some of MS decisions lately I imagine it won't be for the better. I've just been using points to grab some older BC games to add to my collection from time to time.

I imagine the streak thing will probably just be tied to game pass like playing a game pass game each day. I mean the challenges are pretty much the same each month with the weekly featured games rotating out and it's almost all focused around just playing games currently for the game pass stuff. It's pretty simple earning points right now with like no effort but I do wonder if they will add like different challenges. Have you gotten the pop up saying the program is going away? I haven't and no one I know has gotten it either all there is to go by is the one guys screenshot.

Right now the challenges are.

Daily
-Play a game pass game
-Earn an achievement
-Play a game pass game on PC
-Open the app (although this is going away)

Weekly
-Complete 3 daily quests
-unlock 3 achievements in the week
-Usually one for playing the featured game pass games that week

Monthly
-Play 4 game pass games during a month
-Complete 6 daily and 4 weekly quests
-Complete 12 daily and 8 weekly
-Complete 22 daily and 12 weekly
I don’t have a Xbox… I just posted because the OP is a bit misleading.
The rewards program is not being shutdown.

The app is.

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
you shouldn't take everything so seriously, obviously no one is actually poor shaming. He said xbox guys are entitled, which is true since a lot just want everything to be on gamepass
I've seen PS fanboys do the same with PS+, specially regarding PlayStation exclusives or certain niche titles. The only reason it's not to the same degree in comentariat as with Xbox fanboys is because Sony hasn't made it a marketing priority to advertise Day 1 titles as a selling point for their rental service, unlike MS.

So no, Xbox fans are not entitled either for this behavior, just looking out for their self-interest and holding MS accountable to the expectations MS themselves set out. Naturally every Gamepass subscriber would like to see their preferred games chosen for a Day 1 release, as opposed to other random title they have no interest in - thus the want and ask.

The word entitled is not appropriate in this case, is cheap, and should be erased from the lexicon for this topic. Unfortunately considering the low IQ bickering of the console wars, it pops up as a denigrating talking point. Attach that to the word "poor" and you have the worst mix of horseshit you could imagine.

Begging is the appropriate term - Gamepass Begging. Just like the PC Port Begging Race for example. Begging =/= entitled. Poor and entitled together is often a political prop used by morons, usually (but not exclusively) on the right of the political spectrum with no idea wtf they're talking about - mostly just randoms parroting some other idiot who they believe is on to some intellectual nirvana.

Last edited:
  • brain
Reactions: anonpuffs

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
I've seen PS fanboys do the same with PS+, specially regarding PlayStation exclusives or certain niche titles. The only reason it's not to the same degree in comentariat as with Xbox fanboys is because Sony hasn't made it a marketing priority to advertise Day 1 titles as a selling point for their rental service, unlike MS.

So no, Xbox fans are not entitled either for this behavior, just looking out for their self-interest and holding MS accountable to the expectations MS themselves set out. Naturally every Gamepass subscriber would like to see their preferred games chosen for a Day 1 release, as opposed to other random title they have no interest in - thus the want and ask.

The word entitled is not appropriate in this case, is cheap, and should be erased from the lexicon for this topic. Unfortunately considering the low IQ bickering of the console wars, it pops up as a denigrating talking point. Attach that to the word "poor" and you have the worst mix of horseshit you could imagine.

Begging is the appropriate term - Gamepass Begging. Just like the PC Port Begging Race for example. Begging =/= entitled. Poor and entitled together is often a political prop used by morons, usually (but not exclusively) on the right of the political spectrum with no idea wtf they're talking about - mostly just randoms parroting some other idiot who they believe is on to some intellectual nirvana.
No Way Wtf GIF by Harlem

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022

Another nail in the coffin for xbots. Let's see how they'll defend this one!

Another nail in the coffin for xbots. Let's see how they'll defend this one!
But Phil loves them 😭

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Achievement rewards were slashed from 50 to 5, so yeah its pretty much dead now. Before all these changes, it took around 5 months to get a $50 gift card, now it takes over a year.
If they slashed from 50 to 5, and you need 5 months to get 50$, it is now 10 times longer then..