Characters that used to scared you when you were a kid

Summer Nightmares

12 Jan 2023
Thread dedicated to those characters that used to scare you when you were a little kid.

I'll start with two characters that are actually from the same franchise. I used to be so scared that I played dumb and call my parents to show them "how cool" they were until I defeated them:

Goro from Mortal Kombat 1: The fact that you could not play as him and how realistic he was in a game full of humans was too much for 6 years old me.
maxresdefault.jpg

Motaro from MK3 sounded so distorted that he freaked me out.

D5zRYqGWwAENKQg.png

Last edited:

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Screenshot_20230115-185727~2.png

Not really scared, but seeing him, in all of it's low-poly glory, jump out of some unexpected places in Clock Tower, was pretty unsettling as a kid.

Also Mr. T from the original Resident Evil 2 scenario B.

Oh and the very first encounter with the T-Rex in Dino Crisis.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
This chap used to make me very anxious when i first played it, especially when he took three-quarters of my health with 1 hit.

I would assume anything cat related for you including the cat from "Tom and Jerry"

• haha
Reactions: Sircaw

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Deadspace enemies always gave me jump scares. Nasty fucking aliens scurrying around.

Reactions: Sircaw

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
*Used to scare you

In English, using a past-tense verb like “used” or “did” means you don’t conjugate the second verb. At all. Ever.

OP
OP
Summer Nightmares

Summer Nightmares

12 Jan 2023
*Used to scare you

In English, using a past-tense verb like “used” or “did” means you don’t conjugate the second verb. At all. Ever.

Thanks, english is not my first language so I often make those types of mistakes.

Oh, sadly I cant edit the title.