CharlieIntel on Twitter] The UK CMA report appears to reveal why Sony didn’t like the 10 year CoD deal...

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I love that revelation, MS was going around offering nothing and pretending to be the good guys, what a bunch of clowns. They never had the incentive to block those games from PC cloud services that don't provide the content (and in fact they shouldn't even have the right to do so).

Highly inadequate deal and honestly baffling that they had the courage to approach Sony with that.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
How could Nintendo sign this deal?
I really like Nintendo games but this is just shady. They wanted to help screwing Sony. Nintendo execs are really scumbags. Don’t they remember who betrayed first?
I'm here waiting for my Zelda Oled but I'm still disappointed in Nintendo for getting involved. MS is attacking the console industry and even their own country.

Nintendo hates Sony so much they have no loyalty to the Japanese people.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
I really like Nintendo games but this is just shady. They wanted to help screwing Sony. Nintendo execs are really scumbags. Don’t they remember who betrayed first?
I wonder if the western branch did this without consulting the Parent company and just assumed upper management would commend them for it? Now that the ftc is subpoenaing them for documents i wouldn't be surprised if they regret it now. Also, dont discount Microsoft just flat out lying to them about the details of the deal.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022

Microsoft expecting us to buy into their bullshit:

Duck Dynasty GIF by DefyTV

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
From Nintendo PoV something is better than nothing I guess, still pretty wild if they signed it to those terms, it sets such a bad precedent.

I'm here waiting for my Zelda Oled but I'm still disappointed in Nintendo for getting involved. MS is attacking the console industry and even their own country.

The most probably explanation is that Nintendo terms were probably different than those.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
I wonder if the western branch did this without consulting the Parent company and just assumed upper management would commend them for it? Now that the ftc is subpoenaing them for documents i wouldn't be surprised if they regret it now. Also, dont discount Microsoft just flat out lying to them about the details of the deal.
Remember when Nintendo’s CEO visited the closed Sony event “PlayStation Partner Connect”? Probably because of Square Enix deal. They could regret it, maybe Sony will exclude them after all when they buy Square Enix. That’s just shady business Nintendo is doing.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Remember when Nintendo’s CEO visited the closed Sony event “PlayStation Partner Connect”? Probably because of Square Enix deal. They could regret it, maybe Sony will exclude them after all when they buy Square Enix. That’s just shady business Nintendo is doing.
He did, when?

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.

Nintendo also hates their own customers, they’re as bad as Microsoft in a lot of ways.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
He did, when?
Yes on 4th August 2022.
It was the day if this event. Genki retweeted the Tweet of a Japanese account (journalist). Was written in Kanji, but definitely translation mentioned Nintendo also present there.

Last edited: