CharlieIntel on Twitter] The UK CMA report appears to reveal why Sony didn’t like the 10 year CoD deal...

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Knowing Nintendo how on hell did they sign that deal? Was Phil holding a gun to Bowser’s head?

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Damn, just thought of a baller move for Sony to make to influence the EU. They should make their Steam games available on GeforceNow. Thus proving that companies don't need to be acquired by MS to make that decision.

Last edited:

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Finally a worse deal than Games with Gold.
Underappreciated gem of a comment

One distinction I'd like to point out is that this is the cloud remedy, and I'm not certain that this is the deal that was offered to Sony and Nintendo. It was the one offered to cloud providers, which is as the CMA confirms, wholly inadequate and ensures that only Microsoft profits from the transaction. The one offered to Sony was for a native version for 10 years, but likely with some similar cut out the middle man shenanigans.

It is, however, extremely likely that this cloud shit is the kind of access Microsoft would be willing to afford Sony at the end of the 10 years, and that is completely unacceptable given that a free market ABK would never have neither the power nor the incentive to do the same.

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
This can't be true for the buy to play versions right?

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
I wish the governments would just distmantle Microsoft and put Bill gates and Phil spencer in prison for life

• fire
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Underappreciated gem of a comment

One distinction I'd like to point out is that this is the cloud remedy, and I'm not certain that this is the deal that was offered to Sony and Nintendo. It was the one offered to cloud providers, which is as the CMA confirms, wholly inadequate and ensures that only Microsoft profits from the transaction. The one offered to Sony was for a native version for 10 years, but likely with some similar cut out the middle man shenanigans.

It is, however, extremely likely that this cloud shit is the kind of access Microsoft would be willing to afford Sony at the end of the 10 years, and that is completely unacceptable given that a free market ABK would never have neither the power nor the incentive to do the same.
I can only imagine how offensive the deal MS presented to Sony was. Funny that Valve made sure not to sign it either.

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I can only imagine how offensive the deal MS presented to Sony was. Funny that Valve made sure not to sign it either.

Yea, I wonder why valve didn’t speak up?

Maybe cause COD on steam is no loss for them like it is for Sony?

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Yea, I wonder why valve didn’t speak up?

Maybe cause COD on steam is no loss for them like it is for Sony?
Valve didn't seem to care too much or value what was being offered, otherwise they would've signed. The whole thing about them saying they trusted MS was likely them not wanting to get dragged into it.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Well, by backstabbing Sony they led to the creation of Playstation, so...
Yes I know where you’re coming from, but still… It’s sad they didn’t change after 3 decades and being shady. I really like Nintendo games a lot but this is just wrong. It’s not Sony who betrayed them first. Just saying they didn’t evolve, still the backwards company from the 90s.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
How could Nintendo sign this deal?
I really like Nintendo games but this is just shady. They wanted to help screwing Sony. Nintendo execs are really scumbags. Don’t they remember who betrayed first?

I'm here waiting for my Zelda Oled but I'm still disappointed in Nintendo for getting involved. MS is attacking the console industry and even their own country.

Nintendo hates Sony so much they have no loyalty to the Japanese people.

Yeah Nintendo is soon on my pirating list lol. I love there games but don’t play them online, they might not get a penny from me ever again,

They are stupid to think MS won’t come after them if MS killed PS. Nintendo has been many times one console away from death, Wii U, Gamecube etc, they shouldn’t think they are invincible

Last edited:

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
What a scam. microsoft can go suck a bag of dicks. Honestly, at this point, if xbox folded, devs would only need to worry about pc, ps5 and nintendo ports.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
How could Nintendo sign this deal?
I really like Nintendo games but this is just shady. They wanted to help screwing Sony. Nintendo execs are really scumbags. Don’t they remember who betrayed first?
This deal was for platforms with cloud gaming (or at least is in the cloud gaming remedies section of the document, not in the consoles one), so pretty likely offered Nintendo a traditional deal (with the 30%)