China Approves Microsoft's Activision Blizzard Acquisition

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
activision-blizzard-new-1.jpg

China's State Administration for Market Regulation has approved Microsoft's $67.8 billion acquisition of Activision Blizzard unconditionally in a Phase III review, according to a report from Seeking Alpha.

The approval from China comes less than a week after the European Union regulator, the European Commission, approved the deal. The European Commission did conclude the deal could harm competition in the cloud gaming market.

The European Union regulator did identify remedies from Microsoft as it signed multiple 10-year deals with cloud gaming services to bring Xbox games on PC to Nvidia's GeForce Now, Boosteroid, Ubitus, and Nware.

24 Jun 2022
Considering the "favors" a company like Disney can pull off with Chinese politicians, it wouldn't surprise me what Microsoft are capable of...

...assuming any such things happened BTS, of course 🤔...

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
China will approve. They realise this has become highly politicised by Americans and they don't want backlash from buying their own gaming properties

Reactions: Ezekiel

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
as much as xbots are making a world of this,this is a a nothingburger,always was the cma were the deal lives or die

Kereke12

Banned
4 May 2023
as much as xbots are making a world of this,this is a a nothingburger,always was the cma were the deal lives or die
Don't you mean the FTC? I don't understand why people don't mention the FTC more than anything, the CMA blocked it sure, that's one single market compared to the EU but in reality if Microsoft fails to fight this in court with the FTC and the judge sides with the FTC, Microsoft can kiss that deal goodbye

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Don't you mean the FTC? I don't understand why people don't mention the FTC more than anything, the CMA blocked it sure, that's one single market compared to the EU but in reality if Microsoft fails to fight this in court with the FTC and the judge sides with the FTC, Microsoft can kiss that deal goodbye
Because if the CMA blocks it, it affects everything. Which they did. So it does.

Kereke12

Banned
4 May 2023
Because if the CMA blocks it, it affects everything. Which they did. So it does.
Microsoft has the right in the United States to appeal the lawsuit and try to take this to the Supreme court when it comes to the full block from the FTC. That's why I said it.

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
Let microsoft waste the rest of this gen with ongoing fight over this mess meanwhile sony and nintendo focus producing top games

• Shake
Reactions: Gods&Monsters