"Choose Your Destiny" - MK12 dream Roster/storyline & NRS Wishlist/Discussion Thread

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
fpv7nnF.png

I always liked MK from a lore perspective, even if it does get a bit convoluted from time to time. Anyone else have their own hopes and wants for the next Mortal Kombat game?

OP
OP
ksdixon

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
Sorry for short OP, fiddling round on phone touchscreen with image was a pita but I put it down to crap phone more than anything. Hate typing on it for long stretches if I can avoid it. Might do collected characters and update periodically through thread than try and bash it out on phone, anyway...

Though the Lui Kang ending to MK11 showed him beginning to train The Great Kung Lou, I'm pretty sure that guy lived for millenia regardless, before originally falling to Goro. I don't see why he can't defeat Goro (Or Goro's dad in a character switch like Sub Zero getting cyberized in MK9, to allow Goro to still be playable later (although what is death in MK really?). I don't think MK12 has been expressly stated to take play in GKL's time period, has it?

From the MK1 roster, I'd give a heavy pass to Sonya and Kano. I've seen their story retold so many times. Even in most spinoff media. I did think at the end of MKX's inter-connecting story ladders that they'd put an end cap of Sonya/Kano finally, if not at least writing most out to leave to Jauqie's backstory, but no, MK11 had Jax, Sonya, Kano and younger versions all out in full force.

Besides that I don't think you can cut Lui Kang or Shang T'Sung or Raiden/Goro for what they represent to the story. Nor can you get rid of the two main Ninjas, or Reptile as perhaps the first secret fighting game character (?). Johnny Cage is more expendable, but I think you'd want the comic relief character to stick around.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I'd include Biden and his invisible friend, Putin, Kim Jong-Un and Winnie the Pooh.

D

Deleted member 13

fpv7nnF.png

I always liked MK from a lore perspective, even if it does get a bit convoluted from time to time. Anyone else have their own hopes and wants for the next Mortal Kombat game?
Yes!! I must get Kenshi back or I won't buy the next game.

OP
OP
ksdixon

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
MK2

King Lou - If Fire-ThunderGod Lui is the one to train Great Kung Lou and potentially keep him alive, it really lets Kung Lou step out of his Shoulin Monks jelousy role. Remaking the timeline, perhaps KL is more akin to the MKX non-canon older skin with grey long hair and beard. If you make him a wiser reformed master character with a troubled path, you can roll Bo Rai Cho's master role into him. Bo's drunken antics were toned down in recent portrayals, and as a master figure at the Wu Shi Academy, there's now potentially mortal Raiden, Fire God Lui Kang, Fujin, Kung Lou and The Great Kung Lou to pick from. Bo's getting the axe from later game's roster.

I don't think Jade is needed as she simply orbits Kitana until the most recent game paired her with Kotal out of nowhere. Nothing came of the mysterious woman in her MK9 ending that I recall having any real significance. Jax doesn't have a Special Forces storyline to fall into. Kintaro loses out to Goro. Some characters I don't have great reasons for removing, I'm just trying to cut some aspects whilst reworking others. This will probably have to be thrown out the window later, or readress character alignements, but I'd like if if the remaining characters had a good mix of good and evil.

You have to have the duality of Kitana and Melina for their story importance to each other. likewise with Noob Saibot and Smoke. Sho Kahn and Baraka stay as classic fighters.

Edit: I know my spelling is bad, and also laziness in correcting autocorrect. But I also thought you guys would enjoy the visual of King Lou as well.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ksdixon

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
Anyone like these rambley roster posts? I do plan to recap/post pics over time. Such as depicting a certain outfit over another. I'm interested in other's thoughts on lore/gameplay mechanics too :)

@SSfox Really? Fascinating. Do you like Erron Black more from a character or gameplay perspective?

OP
OP
ksdixon

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
From my understanding it wasn't possible after those generations because of changes in hardware. But with SSDs being the norm I don't see why it isn't possible anymore,
No idea if it's true or not, but I heard they were thinking of having Chameleon, or at least Shang's expanded transformations for MK11. Shang's move-based transformations was the compromise. Could be bullshit, but I remember reading that somewhere.

SSfox

Enter The Fox
21 Jun 2022
Shadow Moses
Anyone like these rambley roster posts? I do plan to recap/post pics over time. Such as depicting a certain outfit over another. I'm interested in other's thoughts on lore/gameplay mechanics too :)

@SSfox Really? Fascinating. Do you like Erron Black more from a character or gameplay perspective?
Character for the most part, i love everything about his look and personality. Gameplay is quite annoying and hard to get started in tbh, even when in MK11 they made him easier than MKX but he's still a character you need to be very precise with compare to others, like the punching string into rifle stance ect those can't be mashed and cie, and take time to learn compare to other MK characters. Main raison i played mostly Kitana and T-800 online.

About first line do whatever you feel, more fighting games discussions is always good.