[Chris Dring] Astro Bot's UK launch is solid. First week sales are 21% higher than the debut of Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart in 2021

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Small sample size, but that's a good start.
Hopefully the MC/WoM spreads and the Week 2-3 are softer drops than usual releases as well.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
This goes against the narrative he started with the physical sales. That doom thread got all the attention with 15 pages on Era and finally locked. I bet this (positive) news will be buried 😡

Anyway, great news! Astrobot is a game for everyone so it's the perfect gift this holiday. They are going to sell so many Pros to play it 😁

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Ratchet sold 4 million. Anything above that for Astro is a success in my book.
2M already will be great. basically they need to go over 600k to make a profit. everything else is just cherry on top.

by the way, word of mouth will travel long way, just way for holidays, sales should explode. no families with kids skipping this for christmas.

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
UK launch (Physical)

• Gran Turismo 5 (WED) : 269k
  • Gran Turismo 4 (THU) : 253k
  • The Last Of Us Part II (FRI) : 194k
  • Uncharted 4 A Thief's End (TUE) : 192k
  • Marvel's Spider-Man (FRI) : 190k
  • God Of War Ragnarok (WED) : 145k
  • Marvel's Spider-Man 2 (FRI) : 116k
  • Uncharted 3 Drake's Deception (TUE) : 116k
  • Horizon Zero Dawn (WED) : 114k
  • The Last Of Us (FRI) : 110k
  • Gran Turismo 3 (FRI) : 100k
  • God of War 2018 (FRI) : 96k
  • Heavy Rain (WED) : 86k
  • Uncharted 2 Among Thieves (FRI) : 84k
  • Uncharted The Lost Legacy (WED) : 80k
  • Ghost Of Tsushima (FRI) : 75k
  • Horizon Forbidden West (FRI) : 74k
  • Grand Turismo Sport (WED) : 74k
  • Days Gone (FRI) : 70k
  • Infamous Second Son (FRI) : 69k
  • Marvel's Spider-Man Miles Morales (THU) : 58k
  • Gran Turismo 6 (FRI) : 54k
  • Gran Turismo 7 (FRI) : 54k
  • Death Stranding (FRI) : 45k
  • Bloodborne (WED) : 43k
  • The Order 1886 (FRI) : 39k
  • Ratchet & Clank (FRI) : 38k
  • Beyond Two Souls (WED) : 36k
  • Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart (THU) : 29k
  • Detroit Become Human (FRI) : 22k

Astro : 19~20k

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Oh, that's great. I hope it has very long legs too. It should have with the target demographics and Christmas coming up.

Smyths has a big spot for it in their Christmas catalogue.

Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Not sure what to feel here.

I want Astro to reach over 10 million sales and not 21% the niche R&C.

It deserves more.

For sure, there's a possibility of a GotY win, so there's potential for help in the short/medium term later in a few months.

2M already will be great. basically they need to go over 600k to make a profit. everything else is just cherry on top.

by the way, word of mouth will travel long way, just way for holidays, sales should explode. no families with kids skipping this for christmas.

You always want a game to sell way more than that if you're a fan of the games.
Because the team might feel the desire to do something else to get better return on their efforts.

This goes against the narrative he started with the physical sales. That doom thread got all the attention with 15 pages on Era and finally locked. I bet this (positive) news will be buried😡😁

People in big threads are randoms that don't follow sales threads normally, so they have no idea what's going on.
Chris obviously always gets retail data first before digital, he can't help that.

Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Not sure what to feel here.

I want Astro to reach over 10 million sales and not 21% the niche R&C.

It deserves more.
Astro is basically a new IP on consoles, his first major release, perhaps we need to be more realistic and allow the franchise and character time to grow and evolve instead of expecting 10 million out the gate... PS4 era really spoiled people it seems

Reactions: arvfab

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
This is why I call Dring a clown. -33% physical suggested serious underperformance. He should have just waited until the digital data came out, and now that it is +21% he say it is "solid".

Not an established major franchise. Announced 4 months ago. Does not have the PS5 launch window ad push, or the pandemic push. Still out performing and will have longer legs due to GOTY.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
This is why I call Dring a clown. -33% physical suggested serious underperformance. He should have just waited until the digital data came out, and now that it is +21% he say it is "solid".

Not an established major franchise. Announced 4 months ago. Does not have the PS5 launch window ad push, or the pandemic push. Still out performing and will have longer legs due to GOTY.
This has been his format for over a decade, why are people still mad about him releasing physicals first? He goes out of his way to make it knows. Physicals is still a huge chunk of PS5 game sales across the European / Uk market most times.

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022

He did that on purpose. He’s another shill plant made to downplay anything PlayStation related.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Astro can reach 10 million in launch year if fucking SIE sticks with it, they abandon any IP's that are not instant hits. Mario didn't reach Odyssey numbers since his first game, it takes time to cultivate a fanbase and loyalty. This is why playstation software sales are in the gutter in Japan, they give up too soon. Absolutely embarrassing that 2-3 million sales Metroid is kept alive but 2-3 million sales resistance and killzone isn't

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Astro can reach 10 million in launch year if fucking SIE sticks with it, they abandon any IP's that are not instant hits. Mario didn't reach Odyssey numbers since his first game, it takes time to cultivate a fanbase and loyalty. This is why playstation software sales are in the gutter in Japan, they give up too soon. Absolutely embarrassing that 2-3 million sales Metroid is kept alive but 2-3 million sales resistance and killzone isn't

Sony should also create an Astro PS5 Bundle.

Surprised there isn’t one neither a collectors edition.

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
Amazing news

Happy Astro day everyone

Flying Lets Go GIF by PlayStation