Chris Dring: Silent Hill 2 platform splits in Europe are 78% on PS5 and 22% on PC. Sold better than Alan Wake 2 & Calisto Protocol.

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
Callisto looked great but the combat/gameplay was bad. Alan Wake 2 should have done better even though I personally didn't like it and Remedy skipping Steam in favor of Epic on PC will never ever play out well.

Congrats though to Konami and Silent Hill 2!!

• Heart
Reactions: DarkLordOtaku

Dr. E99

1 Sep 2024
I loved Callisto Protocol.
Callisto looked great but the combat/gameplay was bad. Alan Wake 2 should have done better even though I personally didn't like it and Remedy skipping Steam in favor of Epic on PC will never ever play out well.

Congrats though to Konami and Silent Hill 2!!

Personally, I *loved* Callisto Protocol. It's right up there with Dead Space as in my top 10 favorite games of all time. In fact, it's probably top 5 and maybe even top 3 for me.

Haven't played Alan Wake at all, but I know the reason they skipped Steam is because they signed a publishing deal with Epic IIRC. But yea, that's likely the kiss of death on PC.

Jivesh1995

20 Jun 2023
South Africa
brotaku.net
It's a bit more PS centric than RE4R's opening by about 10% IIRC, which makes sense considering it's Capcom vs Konami.
The split is not too surprising, these long time Japanese Survival Horror franchises have always been a PS affair.
RE4 did 65% on PS and 20% on Xbox but that was the UK. I'd imagine Europe would still be majority PS.

Just surprising to see given how Silent Hill 2 is cheaper on PC and how we keep hearing doom and gloom over PS5

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
Personally, I *loved* Callisto Protocol. It's right up there with Dead Space as in my top 10 favorite games of all time. In fact, it's probably top 5 and maybe even top 3 for me.

Haven't played Alan Wake at all, but I know the reason they skipped Steam is because they signed a publishing deal with Epic IIRC. But yea, that's likely the kiss of death on PC.

I loved the visuals and audio of Callisto but hated the gameplay/combat. The melee especially has to be one of the worst systems I have ever played in any game. Just so bad. The potential was there though.

Reactions: Systemshock2023
OP
OP
S

SuperPotato

Veteran
1 Mar 2024
RE4 did 65% on PS and 20% on Xbox but that was the UK. I'd imagine Europe would still be majority PS.

Just surprising to see given how Silent Hill 2 is cheaper on PC and how we keep hearing doom and gloom over PS5

That's mostly forum discourse.

And hardcore PC gamers who try to convince people to switch to PC are just a very loud minority.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: DocRay

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
But, but PC carried...
Never again I want to hear those lies by PCMRs. PC will never hsve more sales for any 3rd Party let alone Japanese games. Exceptions MMOs, Building simulations and Multiplayer Indies ofc. 🤣

DarkLordOtaku

18 Oct 2024
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
That's mostly forum discourse.

And hardcore PC gamers who try to convince people to switch to PC are just a very loud minority.
Yeah, as a PC gamer, I just like having the games available to purchase and play. I don't see any reason to try to shame someone into buying a gaming PC, if they're happy playing on PlayStation or any other console.

Reactions: Shadow2027

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Just to be clear here...

We are talking about UK Physical or UK Physical + Digital?

Because if the gap is Physical + Digital then the gap between PS and PC or Consoles and PC is way bigger than what I tried to explain here in previous posts with some users thinking PC had sales ahead PS lol

The historical gap I had in the past averages at:

PS: 40-45%
PC: 30-35%
X: 20-25%

If you use PS vs PC only you get around 60% vs 40%.
80% vs 20% is crazy.

Basically PC is dying in UK and PS becoming even more dominant.
That goes against most Doomer and Gloomers narratives.

OP
OP
S

SuperPotato

Veteran
1 Mar 2024
Just to be clear here...

We are talking about UK Physical or UK Physical + Digital?

Because if the gap is Physical + Digital then the gap between PS and PC or Consoles and PC is way bigger than what I tried to explain here in previous posts with some users thinking PC had sales ahead PS lol

The historical gap I had in the past averages at:

PS: 40-45%
PC: 30-35%
X: 20-25%

If you use PS vs PC only you get around 60% vs 40%.
80% vs 20% is crazy.

Basically PC is dying in UK and PS becoming even more dominant.
That goes against most Doomer and Gloomers narratives.

This is Europe, not just the UK.

• Informative
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Exicide and ethomaz