Circana: Helldivers II US sales went up yet again during its 3rd week in market. An honest-to-goodness inverse decay curve so far.

AfnanAcchan

3 Mar 2023
Interesting. This game has bigger launch week on Steam but better legs on PS5. Steam number has started to slowly decline while it is still increasing on PS5.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Interesting. This game has bigger launch week on Steam but better legs on PS5. Steam number has started to slowly decline while it is still increasing on PS5.
Really can't wait for the final monthly sales numbers!

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
I honestly don't get it. Guess it's a fun game but it feels like it was bought based on memes and FOMO.
No there has been a serious lack of quality and any original ideas in the multiplayer shooter space for awhile. Helldivers 2 is a breath of fresh air that is genuinely high quality

Getting a big social organic trend happening helps immensely as well

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
I
I honestly don't get it. Guess it's a fun game but it feels like it was bought based on memes and FOMO.
It reminds me of the multiplayers of the PS3 era before everything got so formulaic tailored around attempting to keep the gamer coming back to keep up with the game... Instead of you just having fun with friends at your own pace.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
May not be the same thing but the DNA in the ganes are the same such as Warhawk. I've said it many times a Warhawk remaster or sequel would make bank!!

• brain
Reactions: The Icon

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
Stay Number 1 too in italy

GH2Tn-ZWAAAeTMT

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
Yep. This game was sent to die on playstation. I friend of mine refund the game cause it didn't look good. Just to regret it lmfao

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Yep. This game was sent to die on playstation. I friend of mine refund the game cause it didn't look good. Just to regret it lmfao
I still make fun of the ppl on here tht said it was sent to die and I said "it'll be a pleasant surprise" and will sell more than ppl think. The market isn't tht hard to read the way ppl make it seem. Also release a Warhawk Remake and that will sell a ton.

Last edited:
Reactions: SLB1904

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
I still make fun of the ppl on here tht said it was sent to die and I said "it'll be a pleasant surprise" and will sell more than ppl think. The market isn't tht hard to read the way ppl Mahe it seem. Also release a Warhawk Remake and that will sell a ton.
I called it. Anyone who play the first knows how good the gameplay loop is. It was overlooked for obvious reasons. I had no doubt the game would be successful like 1mil 2mil successful but not like this

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I called it. Anyone who play the first knows how good the gameplay loop is. It was overlooked for obvious reasons. I had no doubt the game would be successful like 1mil 2mil successful but not like this
They need to hire us 😂

gokuss4

28 Jan 2023
I really never thought this game will be a system seller 😅
Lots of people are buying ps5 for this game

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
i don’t thnk the game was sent to die, it had tons of ads and it was featured in every single state of play and showcase.

It’s just impossible to sell this type of game through traditional marketing. Theres no way to make ragdolling and team kills look as exciting as it is in the game playing it.

You could only think this if you think that Helldivers 2 was going to receive the same marketing budget as spider-man 2

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
i don’t thnk the game was sent to die, it had tons of ads and it was featured in every single state of play and showcase.

It’s just impossible to sell this type of game through traditional marketing. Theres no way to make ragdolling and team kills look as exciting as it is in the game playing it.

You could only think this if you think that Helldivers 2 was going to receive the same marketing budget as spider-man 2
It was promoted where everyone agrees now is the best place to advertise...

Social media! It had tons of exposure there.