Circana: Industry needs more overachievers like Helldivers 2 & Palworld. GTA6 importance. 2% down spending most optimistic out look in 2024.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I agree but this will only lead to more closures unfortunately.
Not my problem, top tier studios and publishers seem to all be doing better than ever.

Larian, From Software, Nintendo and Capcom being good examples.

Had Sony not been following Xbox footsteps they would be doing better than ever as well.

There are many studious out there that I wouldn't mind if they were closed down, in fact I would cherish it, like Blizzard, Bioware, Bethesda and Bungie.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Honestly, what does "the industry" even mean to anyone? Hogwarts doing well doesn't help Ubisoft, Immortals flopping doesn't hurt Capcom. Each company will have the year that they choose for themselves based on the games that they put out in it.

Unless they're scrubbing around on the ground, looking for investor dollars, of course.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Honestly, what does "the industry" even mean to anyone? Hogwarts doing well doesn't help Ubisoft, Immortals flopping doesn't hurt Capcom. Each company will have the year that they choose for themselves based on the games that they put out in it.

Unless they're scrubbing around on the ground, looking for investor dollars, of course.
We also have one major platform completely collapsing while all the others are doing fine.