Circana June 2024: #1 Elden Ring #3 Kingdom Hearts #4 SMT V #8 Luigi's Mansion 2; PS5 #1 Units + Rev, Switch #2 Units Xbox #2 Rev

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022

image.png

PS5 is the lead platform for SMTV and SF6.

Just ps5 aswell.

PS4 probably won't add a huge amount but should help extend ps ecosystem lead.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Ghost of Tsushima still isn't top 20 YTD after 2 months of counting but you're desperate to try to make it seem like a smash hit....The other late port Sea of Thieves was top 20 YTD after 3 days. I spanked you so bad that you're now propping up PC flops while hating on console exclusives 😂
This entire comment don't make even make much sense outside of the fact a hit dog hollered. 🤣

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
This entire comment don't make even make much sense outside of the fact a hit dog hollered. 🤣
Clearly that comment was about me because I destroyed you last month about that topic and you're still salty about it 😂 You always gotta make slick comments, because you know if you tag me directly, I'll crush you like I always do. My entire comment made perfect sense, just take your L in peace and keep it moving

• fire
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Clearly that comment was about me because I destroyed you last month about that topic and you're still salty about it 😂 You always gotta make slick comments, because you know if you tag me directly, I'll crush you like I always do. Just take your L in peace and keep it moving
LOL! I can't even take this comment seriously because I can't stop laughing at the stuff you really have deluded yourself into thinking 🤣

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
LOL! I can't even take this comment seriously because I can't stop laughing at the stuff you really have deluded yourself into thinking 🤣
The only one thats deluded themselves is you, into thinking GoT PC did well 😂

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
These resetera xbros man, hope springs eternal for them:

Xbox only being down 18% year to date from last year. July and CF25 might push it to growth in the states.

Technical correct is the best kind of correct. It looks much better than the previous awful months, its true.
And it's also truethat on Amazon we saw some crazy increases for consoles to play CF25 in the US.
It's a bonafide console mover in the US. Really curious for the July data where we'll know just how huge the launch was.

Dragons Dogma 2 still hanging around good to see.

Really weak legs due to the reception, but I guess it sold enough in its release month to stay relatively high on YTD list.

I was checking the reeee thread and man some steam fanboys are mad cuz ps5 is the lead platform for sf6 and smtv

The percentage lead that PS has over PC in certain genres like JRPGs/Fighting games have been shrinking progressively in the last like 5+ years(in general), but not enough that PC would be the lead platform in the US. There's a thing called nuance. Even for Capcom, which has gain a shitload of ground on PC from like 2018+ onwards, this is not the case.

Folks see the steam CCU number for SF6 but forget that this is China/Taiwan/Thailand/Singapore, etc... are all countries that have a PC slant and within the same daily CCU peak timezone as Japan.
You can't extrapolate those numbers to the US ones.
PC/Steam sales are not so simple you can't just be a passenger. Because there's so many regions that don't behave the same, and there's a bunch more different genres, you gotta go from a case by case basis as to where something is selling and for how much.

A lot of folks in the resetera thread are not really sales followers but rather SF6 fans( I see them in the SF6 OT) that love that the game is doing as well as it is, especially in Japan. The only data they see for the game doing well is the CCU steam numbers, but they don't understand the full picture.

-----

Make main takeaways from this report.

-Elden Ring at #1 is no surprise, but holy heck from #20 to #5 on the YTD list. Lots of new tarnished ones.
-Sea of Thieves port keeps on doing well.
-Helldivers 2's gravy train finally ended in June.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Interesting... I wonder what about Tekken 8, Guilty Gear -Strive-, KOF XV etc. though? I guess PS5 as well 🤷‍♂️
I think except games very PC centric like Diablo, Baldur's Gate, etc ends selling better on PC.
But everything else probably sells more on consoles.
And when we look at consoles most sales are PlayStation.

Plus a know fact.

PC releases way more games than consoles in a year.
Consoles game/download unit sales are bigger than PC game unit/download sales in all major markets and big publishers.
That tells you a lot about both markets... consoles with way less releases sells more than PC.

If you counted only sales of games that are in both platforms then the difference in favor of consoles should be way bigger.
PC tries to closes the gap with quantity.

Reactions: YeezyDude

YeezyDude

17 Jun 2024
Denmark
I think except games very PC centric like Diablo, Baldur's Gate, etc ends selling better on PC.
But everything else probably sells more on consoles.
And when we look at consoles most sales are PlayStation.

Plus a know fact.

PC releases way more games than consoles in a year.
Consoles game/download unit sales are bigger than PC game unit/download sales in all major markets and big publishers.
That tells you a lot about both markets... consoles with way less releases sells more than PC.

If you counted only sales of games that are in both platforms then the difference in favor of consoles should be way bigger.
PC tries to closes the gap with quantity.
I see... I'm glad that consoles are still doing very good as I'm sure many people still prefer to game on them. And it's there where the most interesting games do first release on them or are only on them even if it's just for 1-3 years or more. But still I don't imagine myself gaming like I do right now if console gaming stopped been a thing... Not that I don't like gaming on PC... But it just doesn't feel right to me even with a PlayStation controller for example... Anyway thanks for letting me know about all of that stuff dude! (y)

Reactions: ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I just realized...

PS5 DE was 40% of the sales in June.
Maybe if Sony had produced more PS5 DE in the last 3 years it could be the best selling SKU.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
I just realized...

PS5 DE was 40% of the sales in June.
Maybe if Sony had produced more PS5 DE in the last 3 years it could be the best selling SKU.
There's lots of reasons a lower priced, less functional SKU could see an uptick in sales at certain points relative to its production allocation. Cost of living is the major cause these days. No chance it would've sold more when people were flush with money during COVID.