Cities Skylines 2 console release delayed indefinitely

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
cities-skylines-ii-landscape.jpg.webp

Source

We wanted to update you on the console release schedule. Unfortunately, we have not yet met the stability and performance targets we set for the console release. Without a Release Candidate (RC), we are now unable to meet an October release window. While we are making slow but steady progress, there are still unresolved issues impacting the game in ways that harm the player experience we want to deliver.

We expect to receive a new RC, which will undergo a thorough review in August. This evaluation will determine whether we can begin the submission process and provide a solid release date, or if further issues need to be addressed. We understand this is disappointing, and it’s not what we had hoped for either. However, we are committed to keeping you informed throughout this development process, even if the updates aren’t always what we’d like. Thank you for your understanding and support.

• thisistheway
Reactions: 2spooky5me

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
we have not yet met the stability and performance targets we set for the console release
They haven't met it for PC yet either, the game should've been early access or delayed entirely. Still super buggy and poorly optimized 9 months later

2spooky5me

Veteran
12 May 2024
YIKES... And they still need to fix the PC version!
I don't think console fans should really wait on this one. Sounds like a SKIP, until new management comes in, and they do Cities 3 instead.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Wasnt this like a show closer at xboxs 2023 E3?
Either that or Ara.

Anyways, the game is clearly in rough shape, it makes sense to fix it on PC before adding ports to the mix, assuming it would be the same people doing both.

Monkeyclaw

29 May 2024
They haven't met it for PC yet either, the game should've been early access or delayed entirely. Still super buggy and poorly optimized 9 months later
Yeah it runs like absolute ass.... BUT it did give me time to grow to love Planet Coaster though, which is nice.