Cities Skylines 2

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
For those unaware, Cities Skylines 2 is releasing this year. While the first game was arguably the best city builder of all time, this one is shaping up to destroy what the original has achieved. It seems like they are leaning a lot more on the realistic side of building and managing cities, and it also looks like most, if not all, features from the DLCs are being included in the base game with better integration overall.

Releasing October 24th

They have been releasing new videos weekly on their youtube channel

Selection below:

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Looks like a nice upgrade. I guess I'm one of the few people who really liked the last Simcity more than City Skylines. I liked the ultra polished UI and the multicity/multiplayer. Paradox's fiddliness annoys me in this genre.

OP
OP
Satoru

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Looks like a nice upgrade. I guess I'm one of the few people who really liked the last Simcity more than City Skylines. I liked the ultra polished UI and the multicity/multiplayer. Paradox's fiddliness annoys me in this genre.

Damn, you probably are.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
i really liked the first one but i remember hitting performance issues on my ps4 pro when my city grew really large

but yer, wonderful game, will keep a good look out for it, i think there is a co-op mode?

OP
OP
Satoru

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
i really liked the first one but i remember hitting performance issues on my ps4 pro when my city grew really large

but yer, wonderful game, will keep a good look out for it, i think there is a co-op mode?

Yeah, they kinda fucked themselves up with certain limits in the game, a lot of them related to unity. If recent paradox games are anything to go by though, this one should run way smoother, even on older machines.

• Informative
Reactions: Sircaw

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Damn, you probably are.
I disliked the always-online requirement as much as anybody, but people really slept on how well designed it was. Great art style, and stunning visual guide modes. It's like if Blizzard made a Simcity game vs Skylines having similar rough edges as one of Obsidian's AA RPGs (Pillars of Eternity, Tyrant, etc). I also really liked the Great Works as a goal to build toward rather than just having an endless city.

OP
OP
Satoru

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I disliked the always-online requirement as much as anybody, but people really slept on how well designed it was. Great art style, and stunning visual guide modes. It's like if Blizzard made a Simcity game vs Skylines having similar rough edges as one of Obsidian's AA RPGs (Pillars of Eternity, Tyrant, etc). I also really liked the Great Works as a goal to build toward rather than just having an endless city.

I can't agree. The game was super shallow, city building was not super free, maps were small... There's a few ideas that are awesome, like upgrading buildings (cities skylines 2 is adding that) but other than those, it played like a mobile game.

But hey, if you like it, more power to you.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
I can't agree. The game was super shallow, city building was not super free, maps were small... There's a few ideas that are awesome, like upgrading buildings (cities skylines 2 is adding that) but other than those, it played like a mobile game.

But hey, if you like it, more power to you.

yeah I don't really want endless depth in a city builder. i want the Forza Horizons of city builders.