Cities: Skylines II Announced

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States

Coming to PS5, Steam, Xbox Series S|X, and Game Pass in 2023.

"Cities: Skylines 2 offers the most realistic city simulation ever created, in which players can build any kind of city they can imagine and follow its growth from a humble village to a bustling metropolis," says Paradox Interactive. "From individual households to the city’s economy and transportation system, Cities: Skylines 2 offers a deep and immersive simulation that welcomes both new and veteran players."
Describing its next city builder as "revolutionary" and "the most open-ended city-building sandbox on the planet," Paradox says "Cities: Skylines II lets players create and maintain cities that come to life like never before, complete with fully-realized transport and economy systems, a wealth of construction and customization options, and advanced modding capabilities."
https://www.pcgamer.com/cities-skyl...-most-realistic-city-simulation-ever-created/

Zeroing

Veteran
6 Jul 2022
No way the game will be as good looking and with diverse buildings models as in that GCI trailer.
Still in interested but keeping my expectations low.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Looking forward to it. Cities Skylines is probably the best city builder of all time, has loads of community support, hope they grab some of the best ideas and add them to this game.

I spotted seasons, which the original lacked, and they hint at some level of political choices, so perhaps we'll have more than budget sliders to contend with when shaping our city.

toucandela

24 Sep 2022
mishmash.games
Nice. I sunk a lot of time into the original base game but little of the dlc. Wondering how much of that will be standard in this one. And what more they can think of to expand it.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Nice. I sunk a lot of time into the original base game but little of the dlc. Wondering how much of that will be standard in this one. And what more they can think of to expand it.
FYI while they may add a lot of new features and even from the DLCs, they don't usually add all previous DLC content to the following game.

Crusader Kings 3 comes to mind, and I've sunk over 170h in it.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Paradox also has a sort of Sims-esque game coming out next year, announced at the same presser. Will be interesting to see them fully take Maxis's place.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Paradox also has a sort of Sims-esque game coming out next year, announced at the same presser. Will be interesting to see them fully take Maxis's place.

Yeah. There's another one from an indie called Paralives. Has been in Dev forever, it's promising.