The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States

yQasdFy.png

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
This game looks awesome and looking forward to playing it. Best of all for me, it's day one on Game Pass Ultimate baby!!! 😂

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
20 to rent 50 to buy is an even worse proposition than normal. Being on GP also makes me very cautious about its quality

Being on Game Pass day one or not isn't going to change or affect the quality of the game because it's not Microsoft's game and thus, they don't control the release date of it. The game was revealed during the Xbox Games Showcase this past June and is slated for an early 2025 release. Less than a year after it's reveal, a Game Pass deal or not isn't going to affect or change what the game will or won't be.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Being on Game Pass day one or not isn't going to change or affect the quality of the game because it's not Microsoft's game and thus, they don't control the release date of it. The game was revealed during the Xbox Games Showcase this past June and is slated for an early 2025 release. Less than a year after it's reveal, a Game Pass deal or not isn't going to affect or change what the game will or won't be.
Studios/pubs with confidence in their game usually let the market pay them a fair price for the quality. Studios with none take the bag from MS. Everything about this game's pricing/release decisions (not footage, which looks great) screams yellow metacritic.

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
Studios/pubs with confidence in their game usually let the market pay them a fair price for the quality. Studios with none take the bag from MS. Everything about this game's pricing/release decisions (not footage, which looks great) screams yellow metacritic.

Depends on the publisher/development studio/genre of the game. Take for example A Plague Tale Requiem from Asobo Studio, published by Focus. The game is excellent, looks excellent, sounds great, plays great and has one hell of a story and characters to it. It was day one on Game Pass. Asobo and Focus are both established and known but if you can get a payday upfront, why wouldn't you accept it? Those who want to buy the game will do so regardless. Others may tryout the game and decide to buy it if they really like it. And those who have no interest in it may try it out and end up liking it to where they then become a fan of the publisher/developer and keep tabs on them to see what they do next.

What's the issue with the pricing and release decision? The pricing is $50 which I think is a good price for the studio's first game which is published by Kepler Interactive which is an AA publisher. I think the $50 price is also because they got a Game Pass deal and with that upfront payday, maybe they already broke even or are to close to reaching that and don't need to sell the game for $70 which I don't think would have been a smart decision. An AA publisher that is more unknown than known, a new studio with their first game, a new IP and it being a genre which isn't huge by any metric.

What do you mean by the release decision? It's a current generation only game releasing on PC, PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S. What's the issue here?

Like you said, what they've shown looks great. Visually, looks really freaking good and the combat system while familiar adds a few twists to it which could make it really unique and different. It has a really good cast of voice actors and the story seems at the very least, interesting.