Cliff Bleszinski: "Palworld's success kinda validates my pitch that was turned down at Epic years ago - medieval Pokémon with baby dragons instead

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Once again talking about moving on from Gears like anyone gaf lol

View attachment 3886
Man he is really that desperate to work on something?

Nobody wants him because he never anything good outside that single time.

At this point I don’t even believe he was the main head behind Gears… it should had somebody else maintaining the things on track because every time he talks I have less and less faith in him doing anything good at all 🤷‍♂️

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
He did nothing in Fortnite…
He left Epic in 2012… Fortnite was released in 2017.
He talked about a Fortnite game few months before left Epic as a Epic presentation hoster but he never worked in it.
The game he announced as Fortnight back in 2011 is not the same Fortnight that released in 2017. On his wiki page he is not credited for that game.
Learn to read.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
He was not part of development of Fortnite and didn’t work on it 🤷‍♂️
Sounds like his ideas sucked and had to be changed for Fortnite to be successful
No, he was the design director at Epic until he left, so he was in charge of its creation -like in their previous games- during its first two years and this is why he was the one announcing it.

He retired from Epic due to burnout, not liking the shift to live services, now selling almost half of the company (which meant he now didn't have the freedom he had in the past) and failing at renegotiating his contract.

The games and decisions aren't only made by a single person, and the game concepts evolve during development. In its early stages as usual specially in a new IP had many changes, but after the first couple of years the game core ideas -even if tweaked- of a cartoony shooter + building MP game pretty much remained the same outside, the focus change from survival to battle royale.

As I remember there are a couple Fortnite making of documentaries that explain its development, one of them made by Game Informer.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
No, he was the design director at Epic until he left, so he was in charge of its creation -like in their previous games- during its first two years and this is why he was the one announcing it.

He retired from Epic due to burnout, not liking the shift to live services, now selling almost half of the company (which meant he now didn't have the freedom he had in the past) and failing at renegotiating his contract.

The games and decisions aren't only made by a single person, and the game concepts evolve during development. In its early stages as usual specially in a new IP had many changes, but after the first couple of years the game core ideas -even if tweaked- of a cartoony shooter + building MP game pretty much remained the same outside, the focus change from survival to battle royale.

As I remember there are a couple Fortnite making of documentaries that explain its development, one of them made by Game Informer.
He has nothing to do with Fortnite… you can even ask him.

The he presented (he never worked ok it) as Fortnite is not the same Fortnite released… when Tecent took place and he got fired they started the game from scratch with a new Engine and new design philosophy that lead them to the behemoth that is today.

The Fortnite created after his departure saved the company and even make Epic become to try new things (like the Epic game Store).

Even today that Fortnite that Cliff has nothing to do (he was even against it) is what sustain Epic as company because you know Unreal Engine, Epic Fame Store, etc are not profiting.

It is even contradictory you say he worked on Fortnite because he was fired because he didn’t want to work on Fortnite 🤷‍♂️

I mean the fact Fortnite was a huge success already teels you he had no involvement at all.

Last edited:

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
He has nothing to do with Fortnite… you can even ask him.

The he presented (he never worked ok it) as Fortnite is not the same Fortnite released… when Tecent took place and he got fired they started the game from scratch with a new Engine and new design philosophy that lead them to the behemoth that is today.

The Fortnite created after his departure saved the company and even make Epic become to try new things (like the Epic game Store).

Even today that Fortnite that Cliff has nothing to do (he was even against it) is what sustain Epic as company because you know Unreal Engine, Epic Fame Store, etc are not profiting.

It is even contradictory you say he worked on Fortnite because he was fired because he didn’t want to work on Fortnite 🤷‍♂️

I mean the fact Fortnite was a huge success already teels you he had no involvement at all.
It's impossible to talk with flatearthers like you. You keep mading up fantasies even if I post you links proving you wrong: he wasn't fired, he quitted/retired for the reasons I mentioned. He and people from Epic mentioned publicly mentioned multiple times and never said he was fired.

He obviously worked on it: he was the design director of the company and that was their only project, so obviously was the design director of the game and this is why he was the one presenting it.

And to migrate a game from UE3 to UE4 isn't to remade a game from scratch. It's just to upgrade the version of the engine, the game continues being the same but looks prettier. The game kept evolving as normal in gamedev project, with different iterations applying different ideas mostly taken from references from other top performing games in the market from the team, and also from player feedback. It is how games are made.

P.D.: I met him personally (+ his wife and Kojima) over a decade ago, months before he left Epic, in a post-event party for the winners of an awards ceremony of a local game industry event of my city. He's a very nice and charismatic guy but speaks too fucking fast.

• haha
Reactions: ethomaz

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Even if he did work on Fortnite… it was to make a pve zombie fortress defense game sold at full retail. Stop being disingenuous 😂

Lets just ignore what actually happened with the game and why it’s successful… because they decided to experiment with a pubg clone and completely toss out the original game concept out the window…

His influence on Fortnite’s success is close to zero as possible. He’s more worthless than Jaffe now.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
It's impossible to talk with flatearthers like you. You keep mading up fantasies even if I post you links proving you wrong: he wasn't fired, he quitted/retired for the reasons I mentioned. He and people from Epic mentioned publicly mentioned multiple times and never said he was fired.

He obviously worked on it: he was the design director of the company and that was their only project, so obviously was the design director of the game and this is why he was the one presenting it.

And to migrate a game from UE3 to UE4 isn't to remade a game from scratch. It's just to upgrade the version of the engine, the game continues being the same but looks prettier. The game kept evolving as normal in gamedev project, with different iterations applying different ideas mostly taken from references from other top performing games in the market from the team, and also from player feedback. It is how games are made.

P.D.: I met him personally (+ his wife and Kojima) over a decade ago, months before he left Epic, in a post-event party for the winners of an awards ceremony of a local game industry event of my city. He's a very nice and charismatic guy but speaks too fucking fast.
My uncle maybe meet him too but that doesn’t matter for what is in discussion here.

He didn’t work on Fortnite.

Maybe he said tho you the same he is saying in this thread “I had the Palworld’s ideias before the game” lol
He is just trying to inflate his ego because he did nothing to game industry after Gears.

I totally see him saying “the Fortnite’s ideia was mine” :D
Even so he was fired because he didn’t want to work with the ideias of Fortnite 🤷‍♂️

After the success everybody wants to take a slice of the credits instead to make his own successful game (can he?) lol

Last edited:

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
He didn’t work on Fortnite.
If this is the case, then tell me who was Epic's design director from 2010 to 2012 when they created it, and who announced it in the 2011 Spike Video Game Awards. Who made all the Fortnite interviews until he left? A magic fairy maybe?

In this video Cliff mentions: "it's the project at Epic where right now I spent most of my time on as we speak":

Here a lead designer mentions: "Most of my career was on online games. I came in when we were making the switch over UE3 to UE4, so I was 'hey, we're gonna take everything we know about action games and then we're going to put it together with building and RPG elements, and I was 'ok, sign me up on". Cliff in the organization was still giving feedback on every project we had going on at he time. Cliff was in the beggining of the project and really fostered the peanut butter and chocolate of the beggining of it. So he saw that and thought it was a pretty cool thing. You know, he and I talked about that when I began and he was like "I have a lot of -you know- I think it's going to be a big concept" and like -you know- "we're going to need a lot of help this one to market and get people excited about it":

Later in that last video, when it gets announced that Cliff was leaving a Game Informer guy sad at the time: "when we were there we were talking to Cliff and he said he was working the most on Fortnite"

Maybe you're true: he never worked there and all these videos plus the link I shared before never existed are made with AI by a global Illuminati alien conspiracy or something like that. Doesn't maatter if I post a gazillion intereviews, articles or making of videos, as a good gaming flatearther you'll keep rejecting reality even if all factual data prove you are wrong and there is absolutely nothing to back what you say other that what it's out of your ass.

Last edited: