CNET: Exclusive PS5 Pro Hands-On

KvallyX

Veteran
Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
Your Mom
50 games with enhancements for launch... Not too bad.

The issue I have is that in Europe it is 800 euro with no disc drive.

If it was 700, I would be far faster to jump in.
Will there be default enhancements for existing games as well? I mean like small upgrades because of that AI?

Reactions: Bryank75

MiyazakiLovesKojima

Gamers have been brainwashed into accepting absurd prices.
2faf08d9de04058321e96e6a8e9e02ca.gif

Reactions: toadsage44

ApolloHelios

2 Jul 2022
I have a disc PS5 cause I couldn’t find a Digital version on sale (this is a few months after the release mind you) and the number of times I have used the disc drive is EXACTLY ZERO. I’d gladly pay less for digital only console.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
50 games with enhancements for launch... Not too bad.
Will there be default enhancements for existing games as well? I mean like small upgrades because of that AI?

For unpatched games there is a PS5 Pro Boost Mode, meaning not patched older games (at least from PS4, not sure about PS5 ones) with capped FPS will now have more steady framerate or frame pacing, and the uncapped ones will get higher fps.

The issue I have is that in Europe it is 800 euro with no disc drive.

If it was 700, I would be far faster to jump in.
Yes.

With the extra horsepower, in addition to inflation and components costs rising plus the company needing to improve profitability is understandable that they did choose a high price.

But well, 800€ with no disc drive and vertical stand seems maybe too high for many people. But well, compared to the price of PC GPUs, smartphones or Apple devices isn't expensive.

Reactions: Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
On top of that there is a PS5 Pro Boost Mode.

Meaning not patched older games (at least from PS4) with capped FPS will now have more steady framerate or frame pacing, and the uncapped ones will get higher fps.

Yes.

With the extra horsepower, in addition to inflation and components costs rising plus the company needing to improve profitability is understandable that they did choose a high price.

But well, 800€ with no disc drive and vertical stand seems maybe too high for many people. But well, compared to the price of PC GPUs, smartphones or Apple devices isn't expensive.
I agree, it's still much cheaper than those but they have market that isn't used to those prices and I think they're about to find out...

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Why would you need a disc drive though when 90% of people are buying digital now.
They're trapped in the past. I went full digital back in 2018 and never looked back. I had a whole bookshelf full of PS1, PS2, Wii, 360 and PS3 games. It looked like a mess and took up space. I feel no gratification looking at a physical game box anymore, it's just worthless IMO. Maybe when I was 9 i'd look at a game box or collect them for joy but im a grown ass adult now lol

Same way my movies/TV are now digital, as well as my music, and as well as my books.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: ApolloHelios

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Man Rebirth getting a pro upgrade, the fuckers know how to get me 😤. Sony gets me to buy their consoles for final fantasy once again, anyways for the love of all things holy show a new 1st party game worth the pro SONY!!!!!

Reactions: arvfab and Luffy123

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Man Rebirth getting a pro upgrade, the fuckers know how to get me 😤. Sony gets me to buy their consoles for final fantasy once again, anyways for the love of all things holy show a new 1st party game worth the pro SONY!!!!!
Wukong doesn't even need a patch. those FPS are unlocked on PS5. so fidelity mode should run 60fps or close to that.

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
Watching Tifa in 4K 60fps….hook, line and sinker. Take my money.