CNET: Exclusive PS5 Pro Hands-On

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Wukong doesn't even need a patch. those FPS are unlocked on PS5. so fidelity mode should run 60fps or close to that.
Im guessing they will do pro patch that places quality mode at 60fps like what Cerny said about some of the other games

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Gamers have been brainwashed into accepting absurd prices.
2faf08d9de04058321e96e6a8e9e02ca.gif
It is a crazy price, but optional I guess

YeezyDude

17 Jun 2024
Denmark
Fuck that, this is life, gaming is a luxury.
If it says playstation on the box im in cause after 30 years i know what im getting from the brand.
Exactly... And that goes for stuff from Nintendo and PC too. So yeah you get for what you pay for and as long as it's worth so will I get it!

Reactions: Arminius and Loy310

Arminius

19 May 2023
Adjusting for inflation, is the PS5 Pro still more expensive than what the $599 PS3 at launch? Especially when factoring in the disc drive?

I’m buying the Pro. Just not this year. I’ll buy the disc drive first when I can in the meantime.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Don't try and guilt trip us because you don't got the money for it....

I think because playstation havent released a console at this price, it seems quite expensive. Being 200 dollars more than what people are use to paying for consoles? He’s not wrong for his thinking tbh, I was totally surprised by the price.

Compared to PC its still a very decent price and the usual collective hate from other platform fans is being shown is just biased dumbness.
And as PS5Pro is an optional thing its really not an issue for people who dont want it. I just hope its not preparing us for PS6 being similar prices.

Ill probably be there day 1, especially if I can get a good trade in with my PS5 slim, but Ill literally leaving for Japan November 14th for awhile, so might wait till Im back. Thats £700 extra on retro games, arcades, izakaya, good food and all sorts lol

24 Jun 2022
Adjusting for inflation, is the PS5 Pro still more expensive than what the $599 PS3 at launch? Especially when factoring in the disc drive?

No. Adjusted for inflation the PS3 ($599) would have been $936.12 if it launched today. Which is insane to think about (I mean in terms of what inflation has done to prices, not the PS3's cost itself as it had the value for money at the time).

Even so, no one's looking at $699 in relation to what $599 in 2006 would be in today's money. They're looking at it relative to what $599 was in 2006, which was $599. So for all intents and purposes, this is more expensive in their eyes and that's without the disc drive (which comes separately). Same with, say, comparing PS5 Pro's price to the 3DO or Neo-Geo's.

Ultimately it's up to SIE to prove why the Pro is worth $699, better than those companies did for the 3DO or say the Saturn at its price back at launch.

Reactions: Kokoloko

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
I wonder how much cheaper they could have got it by going for a 1tb drive instead?

It would be really weird if they went for 2tb and that also inflated the price by a decent chunk.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Entropi

BLAZE

20 Feb 2024
Im guessing they will do pro patch that places quality mode at 60fps like what Cerny said about some of the other games
Wukong is graphically inferior on PS5, they need to upgrade this game to PC Ultra level, use PSSR and maybe add some Ray Tracing effects, the resolution won't matter much, I think PSSR will handle it

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Why would you need a disc drive though when 90% of people are buying digital now.
Last quarter it was 80% in PS, and I think it was the record.

And well, you need it because they have selling PS4 and PS5 games on disk and will continue doing so.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
The chip prices are not decreasing at all, TSMC increased their prices and people are going to be shocked by the 50 series prices. With intel tanking I fully expect AMD to price gouge to in the cpu market

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
The chip prices are not decreasing at all, TSMC increased their prices and people are going to be shocked by the 50 series prices. With intel tanking I fully expect AMD to price gouge to in the cpu market
The real fun is when Nintendo reveal the switch 2 price. I do wonder if that is why Nintendo are holding off from a reveal and are hoping the price goes down. For Nintendo a low price and high profit is important more then Sony.

• brain
Reactions: Muddasar

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022

I’m buying the Pro. Just not this year. I’ll buy the disc drive first when I can in the meantime.
No PS5 Pro would be $449 in 2006 dollars

Reactions: Dr Bass

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
The real fun is when Nintendo reveal the switch 2 price. I do wonder if that is why Nintendo are holding off from a reveal and are hoping the price goes down. For Nintendo a low price and high profit is important more then Sony.
They are targeting ps4 pro specs but I dont see a big improvement overall from the current switch which then belies the question why bother upgrading to the new switch if the old oled one can run the games at nearly the same performance. People expecting the 3rd party AAA ports to perform well on the new switch are in for a nasty surprise.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: voke

ApolloHelios

2 Jul 2022
No PS5 Pro would be $449 in 2006 dollars
And that right there all tells you is that they prices it right and fair, it's the market and economy that is bonkers and went down the drain, and it's not their fault for trying to sell the console at profit and not a goddamn loss! You all want Sony to bleed money selling hardware at a loss?? Fuck you if you also call yourself a fan and think that.

Reactions: Arminius and voke